Am I Reading Correctly- Free Champagne?

scottie99

Off on our first VV cruise on Valiant, 2 weeks tomorrow.

We seem to qualify for Deep Blue Extras because of our Diamond Plus status with RCL.

Am I reading correctly that we qualify for free Moët and Chandon for first “Shake for Champagne “ order?

Surely I’m mistaken, that’s too good to be true!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scottie99 said:

We seem to qualify for Deep Blue Extras because of our Diamond Plus status with RCL.

Am I reading correctly that we qualify for free Moët and Chandon for first “Shake for Champagne “ order?

Surely I’m mistaken, that’s too good to be true!

I believe the “shake for champagne” benefit has been replaced with a free $100 bar tab for DBE…enjoy your free bubbly or whatever floats your boat 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scottie99 said:

You will get free champagne at the Sail away party.  The free bottle that was previously included with DBE was replaced with a $100 bar tab, which you can use for "Shake for Champagne" or anything else you might want from a bar.  Interestingly, on one of my upcoming cruises, a bottle of champagne just showed up under "extras."  I have NO idea why.  Not complaining, but....reality, I'd rather have loot or bar tab.

• Like 3

I know that on each of our trips, we received a bottle of Moet as part of various promotions. I can't attest to what they were pouring at Sail Away or at the Sea Rover reception.....reception had sangria and something with bubbles.

True, to be Champagne, the grapes must be grown and the product bottled in that region of France; anything else is "sparkling wine."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

One small clarification is that sail away is "bubbles", as in sparkling wine, not technically Champagne. I believe the only free Champagne is Richards Rooftop happy hour and Splash of Romance. 

It’s sparkling wine at the Splash of Romance and Deep Blue Extras parties too. Only the rockstar hour is Moet. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:55 PM, cantgetin said:

Love everything about DBE....even those things we sometimes don't use.  Great benefits.

If Priority Boarding on embarkation day was the only perk, that would be enough for me. 🙂  I love the extra Bar Tab and I think the $100 idea is better than the automatic bottle because I can stretch that $100 further than just one bottle of Champagne.  But just walking past all the lines of people on embarkation day is the best perk of DBE. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

If Priority Boarding on embarkation day was the only perk, that would be enough for me. 🙂  I love the extra Bar Tab and I think the $100 idea is better than the automatic bottle because I can stretch that $100 further than just one bottle of Champagne.  But just walking past all the lines of people on embarkation day is the best perk of DBE. 

Yes we also found it a great perk.