Is gps directions accurate from South Jersey to Cape Liberty Cruise Port?

Cruise Girl Forever

10 hours ago, Cruise Girl Forever said:

Hi,  Years ago the gps directions were not good and the roads were not clearly marked.

I am heading from South Jersey up the NJ Turnpike to exit 14 A  and wondering if the gps directions will be accurate now using Cape Liberty's address?

NJTP exit 14 A. Stay left at toll plaza. Go up the ramp, that curves left, following signs for 440 & Chosin Few Way. Right onto CFW where it splits with 440. CFW to the end. Left onto Goldsborough Drive. 2 miles to the terminal.

You can try using Starbucks located on Goldsborough Dr. in Bayonne instead of Cape Liberty for your gps. Goldsborough Dr is the last road leading to the terminal.

CFW, 440 & Avenue E (3 options at toll plaza) all can lead to CL. CFW is the simplest route, with no traffic lights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, meadowlander said:

CFW, 440 & Avenue E (3 options at toll plaza) all can lead to CL. CFW is the simplest route, with no traffic lights.

Need a traffic light at the end of CFW.  Can be hard to turn left with all the port traffic, Costco traffic, and other traffic.

On 9/19/2023 at 3:25 PM, Another_Critic said:

Need a traffic light at the end of CFW.  Can be hard to turn left with all the port traffic, Costco traffic, and other traffic.

Numerous traffic lights on 440 which you can use to get to Cape Liberty avoiding Chosin Few Way which has no lights. Of course, the traffic lights on 440 make it a lengthier route to get to CL, why would a light on CFW be a solution?

Edited by meadowlander

10 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Numerous traffic lights on 440 which you can use to get to Cape Liberty avoiding Chosin Few Way which has no lights. Of course, the traffic lights on 440 make it a lengthier route to get to CL, why would a light on CFW be a solution?

Because the intersection at CFW and Goldsborough Dr can get very congested on turnaround days.  Yes, CFW is still quicker than 440, but a trip light could help on turnaround days.

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Because the intersection at CFW and Goldsborough Dr can get very congested on turnaround days.  Yes, CFW is still quicker than 440, but a trip light could help on turnaround days.

I would expect it to get congested with up to 6,000 plus cruisers. I have never had an issue waiting to turn left from CFW, then again I do not arrive at peak traffic time expecting to breeze directly to the terminal without having to wait. 

Use 440 to avoid the congestion avoiding CFW completely. You have choices.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:12 PM, meadowlander said:

I would expect it to get congested with up to 6,000 plus cruisers. I have never had an issue waiting to turn left from CFW, then again I do not arrive at peak traffic time expecting to breeze directly to the terminal without having to wait. 

Use 440 to avoid the congestion avoiding CFW completely. You have choices.

Thank You