Any successes on new itineraries bookings?

Yinster

I just got an email confirming I have been booked on the new voyage I selected from the form. However, the email said:

We’ve kept your previous voyage fare and promotions, including your free Bar Tab of $600. 

I didn’t have a bar tab, but I had $700 in sailor loot (600 MNVV and $100 from TA).

Do you think this is just a generic email? 

8 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I just got an email confirming I have been booked on the new voyage I selected from the form. However, the email said:

We’ve kept your previous voyage fare and promotions, including your free Bar Tab of $600. 

I didn’t have a bar tab, but I had $700 in sailor loot (600 MNVV and $100 from TA).

Do you think this is just a generic email? 

1 minute ago, jon81uk said:

The website keeps crashing, but I got in through the app.

It’s showing my $600 MNVV and $600 bar tab (which should be sailor loot). 

Question for anyone who has been successfully rebooked with the $600 sailor loot compensation: does it show up on your account yet? I know they are working hard on getting it all sorted out, so I don’t want to contact my busy TA yet. 

4 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Question for anyone who has been successfully rebooked with the $600 sailor loot compensation: does it show up on your account yet? I know they are working hard on getting it all sorted out, so I don’t want to contact my busy TA yet. 

No advice on the loot issue except to keep watching it and if it doesn’t straighten out to call them. I’d give them a few days to let the dust settle though.

Question for you, though.  When did you submit the form?  And you got confirmation this morning?  I submitted the form on Thursday, got a case number, but still no confirmation of the new booking.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

No advice on the loot issue except to keep watching it and if it doesn’t straighten out to call them. I’d give them a few days to let the dust settle though.

Question for you, though.  When did you submit the form?  And you got confirmation this morning?  I submitted the form on Thursday, got a case number, but still no confirmation of the new booking.

Submitted it around noon on Sept 7. 
I will wait a few days, the sailing is over a year from now anyway 😂 

Edit: found a bunch of posts on FB. It seems to be showing as Bar Tab instead of loot for a lot of people. I’m sure they will sort it out. 

Edited by CanadianCruiser21

1 hour ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I just got an email confirming I have been booked on the new voyage I selected from the form

Good to hear they are now coming through.

Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting including me

51 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

It’s plausible then you will get the $600 loot for MNVV, $600 bar tab from the promo and yet to come is the $600 loot for the cancellation and rebooking. Will have to wait and see for a few days maybe?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freelancer3 said:

Agree normally, but the 2025 Caribbean Sea Terrace first day pricing (from memory) is higher than I would expect. 

Expect that VV's pricing will slowly slide upward in the coming year or so. They are underpriced at the moment for the included values. Investors want to see that per Sailor price slide a bit upwards over the next two years. Moral of the story, book very early. 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kristinp36 said:

We have to fly to our sailings so we try to do 7+ days only to make it worth it. 

Yep. A Back to Back on VV or a Side To Side with another cruise line is the only way to go when the 4's and 5's are the only options in the Caribbean.  Or just go with Celebrity and one of their 9+ day sailings. Great cruise line and the most similar experience to VV of any other cruise line. Plus they have amazing pools. 🙂

Success!  We just confirmation that we’re booked on the 8 night New Years cruise on the VL, replacing the cancelled identical trip on January 13!  So excited. 😃

our reservation is also showing a $600 bar tab, as opposed to Sailor Loot.  At this point I’m assuming it’s a glitch in the system and will be fixed eventually,

So, the requests are starting to be processed!

• Like 3

Pam and I changed our minds at least twice after submitting the form last week, so we had our TA call in to sort everything out.

It took a while to get through, but we are now booked on the Resilient's September 29th, 12 night sailing: UK to Spain & Morocco, and were able to do a paid upgrade to an aft suite.

The new booking shows up on both the web & app.

I hope that everyone is able to book something that makes them happy.

I believe that Virgin is doing it's best to satisfy everyone since the created the problem in the first place. It's the right thing to do. All of our previous perks were moved over to the new booking.

Most lines would only give you the current perks, if anything.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, trippingpara said:

We got our email confirmation and the $600 is showing up as Sailor Loot.

Cool.  We haven’t gotten the email confirmation yet.  Just seeing it on the website/app.  For us it’s definitely showing as a bar tab.  We had no loot or bar tab on the previous booking, so it has to be from the rebooking.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I  believe that Virgin is doing it's best to satisfy everyone since the created the problem in the first place. It's the right thing to do. All of our previous perks were moved over to the new booking.

Most lines would only give you the current perks, if anything.

I also agree they are trying their best to sort this out. The only criticism I would have is they cancelled the cruises on Thursday so they should have allowed people to rebook with the new itineraries on Friday before opening up to the general release. A pre sale like how they do in concerts

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, fsdorado said:

We just received an e-mail from Virgin Voyages that they have issued a refund for our cancelled sailing even though we submitted a request to rebook.  Did this happen to anyone else?

Frederick

Yes same happened to a friend of us today. I don’t know how such a mistake can happen . Or this was maybe a default email . Strange . He responded to the email what should be rebooked and is waiting for a response . 

I haven’t heard anything on my rebooking request. If I try to make a dummy reservation, I can get a cabin in my same category but I wouldn’t want deck 14 under the gym, so I hope I get a lower floor.  My flight I’ll need compensation for but it’s in reverse, not FROM Miami but TO San Juan (I had 2 one ways booked on different carriers for time and cost reasons).  Hopefully they still pay the difference.  

Good Afternoon!

I originally called on Thursday evening, yes even though it said to complete the form. I am not a lucky retired one, nor do I work for myself with flexibility in scheduling vacations. The agent was able to switch me from BL 12/24 to VL 12/22. I received two emails-an on hold and then a booking confirmed. Sunday morning I woke up to an email letting me know that my hold was expiring. What!? I called again at 8:59:59 Sunday morning. That agent told me that my "held" request had been cancelled because the original agent did not enter something correctly. 🤦🏼‍♀️ She was able to "rebook" by putting another hold for 12/22 and telling me to trust the process, that it would not be cancelled again. I even went to a supervisor who said the same thing. After a 2.5 hour phone call, I asked if I am 100% guaranteed the sailing since it is on hold for me and she said NO! So even if you have a hold, it kind of means nothing. 

I have not heard anything back from VV, although on the app I am now able to do the 7 step check in process and view (didn't try to book) the Shore Things.🤷🏼‍♀️

Apparently the emails have been wild. In my case I got a "thanks for reaching out how did we do" customer service survey email instead of any confirmation email. My TA was able to tell me that everyone in our group got moved and I did see the new sailing briefly in the app before it crashed. She also said that lots of weird emails are flying out from Virgin. 

For the record we submitted our forms around 2pm Thursday and it looks like we got moved around 4:30 today. 

5 minutes ago, Giraffes said:

Good Afternoon!

I originally called on Thursday evening, yes even though it said to complete the form. I am not a lucky retired one, nor do I work for myself with flexibility in scheduling vacations. The agent was able to switch me from BL 12/24 to VL 12/22. I received two emails-an on hold and then a booking confirmed. Sunday morning I woke up to an email letting me know that my hold was expiring. What!? I called again at 8:59:59 Sunday morning. That agent told me that my "held" request had been cancelled because the original agent did not enter something correctly. 🤦🏼‍♀️ She was able to "rebook" by putting another hold for 12/22 and telling me to trust the process, that it would not be cancelled again. I even went to a supervisor who said the same thing. After a 2.5 hour phone call, I asked if I am 100% guaranteed the sailing since it is on hold for me and she said NO! So even if you have a hold, it kind of means nothing. 

I have not heard anything back from VV, although on the app I am now able to do the 7 step check in process and view (didn't try to book) the Shore Things.🤷🏼‍♀️

If you have a booking number and it shows on your app, you are booked.  At least I hope so, because I’m in the same situation.  I haven’t gotten an email confirmation yet, but my new booking definitely popped into my account a couple of hours ago.

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 1

Sorry I don't know how to include the message I am responding to...

@Russiamomm I have the booking # and it shows in app, but they said there is no 100% guarantee I'll get the sailing and stateroom I have on hold. I asked under what conditions I would lose it and she didn't have an answer for me. There is obviously a lot going on on VV's end, but as I said I do not have the flexibility to change the week I'm sailing. I'm also hesitant to book my new necessary flights until I know I am 100% confirmed on the new sailing.

@aqlollipopI didn't call until evening hours on Thursday. I guess they are only able to complete 1 hour's worth of requests per day.

6 minutes ago, Giraffes said:

Sorry I don't know how to include the message I am responding to...

@Russiamomm I have the booking # and it shows in app, but they said there is no 100% guarantee I'll get the sailing and stateroom I have on hold. I asked under what conditions I would lose it and she didn't have an answer for me. There is obviously a lot going on on VV's end, but as I said I do not have the flexibility to change the week I'm sailing. I'm also hesitant to book my new necessary flights until I know I am 100% confirmed on the new sailing.

@aqlollipopI didn't call until evening hours on Thursday. I guess they are only able to complete 1 hour's worth of requests per day.

I think it’s safe to assume you are confirmed.  It wouldn’t be in your account as a “booking” if it wasn’t.  It would be nice to have a confirmation though!  As has been noted, the emails are all screwed up.  I’m going to give it a day or two and if I don’t get a confirmation I’ll contact them.  

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:26 AM, cantgetin said:

There is an amazing price on the 9 night Spain to Greece in October 2024.

I watched the cruise I might be interested in increase in price.  I saw it, clicked on the Sea Terrace, got the 3 options, clicked on one, and got an error message.  Started over and did it all again and it went thru, but the baseline cabin fare before taxes was $300 more than a few minutes earlier.  No worries, there are no accessible cabins available at the moment.

I saw this on a search on a solo deal website and jumped on it, an inside solo, with $600 in drinks. It's a great itinerary, with Cannes, Sardinia/Sicily, and two Greek islands before Athens. It leaves on my birthday, too, a nice treat. I don't see any excursions yet for Cagliari and Catania, but a different excursion site gave me an idea of options. 

• Like 2