Dawn across the Baltic Sea

MJN1

Off the ship and time for one last posting. 

We had a 'royal' farewell at Fredericia yesterday,  

which brings me to the social aspects of this cruise.

No sail-away party and no caviar in the pool event. Instead a chocolate extravaganza after dinner at Dolce Vita one night.
Two formal nights. There was no strict to the letter adherence to the dress code, but guests were overall nicely dressed, and there was no need for 🫣 compared to what one sometimes encounters on Seabourn.
Vast majority from USA, followed by the UK and the usual Aussie/Kiwi crowd. A sprinkle from Ecuador, Brazil, Europe.
The stereotype of more formal, less party SS atmosphere clearly applied.
Age-wise, not as old as we expected, but then we realised that WE have aged 7 years since our last SS cruise 😳.
The overall take-away, we now love both SS (again) and SB and will be back on both lines
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I can't ever remember having a sail away party.......no matter where we sailed from. And we had the Chocolate Event too.

Glad you had a great cruise🙂

Lois, sail away parties are a SB thing.

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

@MJN1glad you enjoyed your voyage and thanks for leaving the ship in such a fabulous state.

Silver Spectre, you are welcome.

We also left you enough drinks in the bars, bu are not responsible for the Blue Top in your suite. I hope they did replenish all the berries my wife ate for breakfast. La Terrazza only served them upon request towards the end of the cruise and the ship ran out completely of any berries on the last day. Her excuse was to help Stefan at the S.A.L.T. bar to get rid of his fruit fly issue, so say hello to him and Bryan!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MJN1 said:

I hope they did replenish all the berries my wife ate for breakfast. La Terrazza only served them upon request towards the end of the cruise and the ship ran out completely of any berries on the last day.

The more things change on SS, some traditions never do; running out of berries.

• Haha 2