Easy vs non-alcoholic

thepla

Hi I've seen so many comparisons but I think I can get a real answer here.

My son (15yo)  and I book a 5 day 4 night cruise.

Child non alcoholic is $40 (10 /day)

Adult non alcoholic is $100 (25/day)

Easy is $112 (28/day).

My son seems great considering our Royal coming up would be $9/day just for Sodas, free with Amex...

What I can't figure out what's missing in Easy vs Adult Non Alcoholic.

I don't drink liquor but I'd maybe have a regular Pina Collate once in awhile, for example. For $3 / day if everything else is same it seems like a no brainer. Both of our favorite part is sparkling water for room and mocktails.

It does seem only thing I did not notice was soft serve ice cream, which is no real loss.

Hi I am bumping my own thread.

What I was asking is if I do easy  vs adult non alcoholic am I losing anything? To me 12 total for four days is unreal tp do Easy vs adult non alcoholic

It seems the mocktails, soda, sparkling / mineral and fruit juices are in both (that's actually what I do not want to lose). I might lose soft serve ice cream but I do no see anything else going away. The thing I might do a couple of times would be a regular Pina Colada vs a virgin one. I do not remember if MSC has milkshakes or smoothies on board.

I do not see myself doing wine, beer or liquor unless they have something very sweet like Mogen David:)

Thanks

Here is my opinion as I asked a somewhat similar question like this earlier. I think but I’m still not sure if you get the alcohol free drink package you are allowed to do get any virgin cocktail.  For example, say you want a virgin mudslide that would  be included. However, you would have to pay extra for a mudslide with the easy package.  But would you have to pay extra for a virgin mudslide with the easy package?  I think I am confusing myself. You limit yourself with the easy package on cocktails. But if they are a virgin cocktail can order any of them?  Based on only paying $12 more I think I’d rather get the easy package so I could have wine or the included cocktails with orvwithourbthe alcohol. And I am still confused if soft serve is included. . Hopefully someone else will respond.  

12 minutes ago, ddlb said:

And I am still confused if soft serve is included. . Hopefully someone else will respond.  

Soft serve is included in the non-alcoholic package for adults and in the minors package, it is not included in the Easy and above packages.

Depending on the ship, there may be free soft serve available at certain times of the day in limited locations (typically just vanilla or chocolate) , and of course it is available with meals.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Thanks 1

I called customer service. They confirmed Childs and adult non alcoholic do have ice cream and Easy does not have ice cream.

Alcoholic "Mock-Tails" (How's that for a play on words) are included in easy.

I wanted agent to remove non alcoholic and she could not and said I had to do it on web. I do not see how to remove a purchased item on web. Is there a way to remove a purchased item?

21 hours ago, thepla said:

I called customer service. They confirmed Childs and adult non alcoholic do have ice cream and Easy does not have ice cream.

Alcoholic "Mock-Tails" (How's that for a play on words) are included in easy.

I wanted agent to remove non alcoholic and she could not and said I had to do it on web. I do not see how to remove a purchased item on web. Is there a way to remove a purchased item?

I had no problem removing the wifi for one device i had ordered online.   I just called MSC and had the rep remove it. The rep said it would  be refunded on my credit card in a couple days. But is still shows as an overpayment on my paid cruise. But I’m going to add back if I don’t get my yacht club bid.  I must say it did take a while for the rep to do that though. Put me on hold a couple times. 

5 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I had no problem removing the wifi for one device i had ordered online.   I just called MSC and had the rep remove it. The rep said it would  be refunded on my credit card in a couple days. But is still shows as an overpayment on my paid cruise. But I’m going to add back if I don’t get my yacht club bid.  I must say it did take a while for the rep to do that though. Put me on hold a couple times. 

I think it depends on who takes call.  Today I asked for web support and he did in one minte and I added Easy while on phone. 

Thanks everyone...

• Thanks 1