RE: Booking Excursions

tbmrt

Can excursions be booked night before (119th night instead of 120 days before...similar to booking restaurants night before 45 days before)?

Want to be sure I have this right...If we book during above mentioned period, our credit card gets charged immediately. I read that this can be changed onboard to use our loot instead and get credit on our credit card.  I'm sure many of us would like to use up some of our loot for excursions, but wondering how risky this would be if we went to excursion desk?? upon boarding and tried to changeover for 6 in our group.  Input appreciated.

Some have recently reported that this approach didn't work - that when they went to cancel the excursions onboard to use Loot instead, they got their refund also in Loot and not refund back to credit card. And that was the only option. 

So, I guess just don't count on that being an option anymore. You can try it and hope for the best, but they may have changed the procedure for everyone. 

On 9/16/2023 at 6:53 AM, tbmrt said:

Want to be sure I have this right...If we book during above mentioned period, our credit card gets charged immediately. I read that this can be changed onboard to use our loot instead and get credit on our credit card

As others have mentioned, this used to work quite well but of late they're not allowing this. You might have to wait till you're onboard to actually use the Loot. It would be nice if they allowed us to use the Loot in advance for this very purpose like some other cruise lines.

On 9/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, BethesdaSC said:

Do they add more near the sail date? For that many people, some ports don’t have many listed. 

For the tours that have additional capacity available, yes. In some cases there is very limited capacity, but where additional tours or added capacity can be added to existing tours, yes they will open up more slots for shore excursions. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Like 1