Questions about app

VernRDH

So we just booked our first MSC cruise for next October. We used a local travel agent as they provide transportation to Brooklyn and I have read here on CC that dealing with MSC customer service can be trying at best. But a few questions:

Can I not access my reservation in the app or on the website? I have tried multiple times to enter the booking number but it says it's not correct. 

We booked on Friday, and on the MSC site there was still the promotion for free wifi and drinks as well as OBC($100 when I did mock booking).  Can you not get that if you use a travel agent? I asked specifically and she said no OBC.

We did status match and are gold. In the list of benefits it says $50 OBC per person. Does that not show up until we are onboard?

We haven't used a travel agent in 20 years so I am unsure if she is doing right by us or not.

Thank you for any help, we are experienced cruisers but new to MSC and trying to learn as much as we can.

On the website when booking, you have the option to book the cabin only, or the cabin with drinks, etc.  since I hardly drink I book the bare bones cabin.   Your TA might have booked that option.  You should be able to access your reservation both in the app and on the website.  I assume you got a confirmation from the TA, and you might also have one direct from MSC.  If so, check to make sure the booking # matches.  
On the website you can click on the person icon in the upper right menu bar to login.  That gives you the option to log in using booking number, or to log in with username.  Logging in with username should bring up a page with your cruise on it and it will show the correct booking number.  Here are some screen shots showing the steps in order.  When your booking number is correct you should be able to log into the app.  (the app works fine on my iPhone and iPad mini, but won’t load on the full iPad).

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks.  I have tried multiple times but it doesn't come up. 🤔 I verified that my information is correct and I logged in but nothing shows. Is it possible there is a delay due to us booking late on Friday afternoon? Again haven't used a TA in forever so unsure of how this works.

I have not but will check.

I already sent her an email.

We did book the package with the wifi and drinks, it does show on the invoice.

ETA: just checked credit card, yes deposit is paid

Edited by VernRDH

Hi @VernRDH. If you used a TA ( like I did ) you might have one booking number for them and a different one for MSC. I tried the “ Expedia confirmation number” first but when it didn’t work I looked further and discovered a separate MSC booking number. Just a thought. Maybe your TA uses a different number for their internal records. 

Did you create Your MSC Account? That's where the reservation can be found. Most likely using the booking number not found error is because the Voyager-id you got from matching has a different first/last name than your reservation name. They both have to match. If that's the case, contact Voyager to correct the name.

MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com

Edited by Ed342
wrong URL

On 9/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, VernRDH said:

Thanks.  I have tried multiple times but it doesn't come up. 🤔 I verified that my information is correct and I logged in but nothing shows. Is it possible there is a delay due to us booking late on Friday afternoon? Again haven't used a TA in forever so unsure of how this works.

My first MSC booking did the same thing. UNTIL I was looking at the confirmation from my TA and the booking number was a link to MSC.

DONT know why, but you might try that.

On 9/17/2023 at 11:55 AM, VernRDH said:

Make sure your name is as what is on the confirmation . (First name, Middle, last name , suffix such as Jr.)

So mystery solved. She gave us the wrong number ( one digit off). Her response to me was "enter your number ( the correct one, not the one on either my emailed or printed invoices) and if it doesn't work call MSC" Wait, isn't that why I have a travel agent?

She sent me a new invoice, number is correct in one spot, incorrect in another.

I got in with the correct number, so all set. 

Again, not feeling the confidence in this agent. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VernRDH said:

So mystery solved. She gave us the wrong number ( one digit off). Her response to me was "enter your number ( the correct one, not the one on either my emailed or printed invoices) and if it doesn't work call MSC" Wait, isn't that why I have a travel agent?

She sent me a new invoice, number is correct in one spot, incorrect in another.

I got in with the correct number, so all set. 

Again, not feeling the confidence in this agent. 

Yep, not sounding like the best agent so far.