Celebrity shuttle to Porto

Cat4158

Hi. Hoping someone can help with this - I’ve searched the ‘Ports of Call’ but can’t find what I’m looking for. Heading to Porto soon on Infinity. I know our ship docks about 5 miles from Porto. Can anyone who has done this port advise if Celebrity runs a shuttle and, if so, where it drops off? 
Thanks in anticipation 

Afternoon Cat - I am just back from a weeks on The Edge and we stopped in Portofino - is this where you mean ?

If so it is a tender to the port - they only had one berth in the harbor but i did not think it caused much of a delay - the harbor is right in the middle of town so there is no additional walking - 

It is a lovely stop but will warn you there are lots of steps 🙂 but the views are worth it 

Portofino is in Italy, so that's a non-starter.  The Celebrity price of the transfer from Leixoes to Porto, whatever it is, is going to be more than your public transportation options.  It's only 10 km away. If you don't have luggage, the bus rums for a couple of euros, or you can take a taxi for about 15 euros. There's Uber which will probably cost slightly less than a taxi, and the subway runs all the time from the port to Matosinhos, a suburb of Porto.  It's an easy connection by subway, taxi, bus or Uber from there.

subwayhttps://www.introducingporto.com/metro

https://www.visitar-porto.com/en/discover/travel-info/how-to-get-to-porto/porto-de-leixoes.html#:~:text=The Port of Leixões%2C which,largest in the Northern Region.

Just google public transportation from Leixoes to Porto.  You'll see lots of options.  

We had an excursion in Porto but I do believe there was a shuttle provided that you could take. It is a little bit of a drive into the city so it probably wasn’t free. 

In general I find this type of info is basically a secret, I guess to get people to buy an excursion. But this is a very big blind spot for all the content creators and info aggregators is that port information when it comes to cruising is severely lacking.

58 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

Thank you. I’m not that concerned if we have to pay - my main query is to figure out the potential drop off point. That will be a big factor in our decision. 

Edited by sheeng
Incorrect info

I’m not sure if this review which was originally posted on May 13th could help you. She posts a copy of the notice from Celebrity about the port shuttle, and a few others posted about the drop off location. I’m not sure if there is a way to find out more updated information. Maybe post in a roll call as the Infinity will be sailing there a lot this fall. 

Past review