Weather on New England Cruise in October?

Hunter2

We did very similar cruise Oct 18, 2019.  A storm came through the day before sailing and our flights were at risk.   Luckily we landed on schedule, but it was a scary landing due to high winds.  First day in NYC was breezy and cool, temp was in the low 60's F.  We had nicer weather (mid 70's F) for most of the cruise with only one day of moderate rain.   We only went out on the sun deck a couple times due to not being in a tropical area.  Meraviglia does better than other ships in this area as it's designed for this weather.   You can find a link to my Cruise Critic review in my signature. 

I was on a Halloween cruise to CA & NE last year and it was perfect, beautiful weather. Didn't even have to wear a jacket. It's tough to call, because that is such a transitional time of year. It's still hurricane season and can get cold/rainy. I just looked at the long-range forecasts for all of the ports on my 9/24 CA & NE cruise that I leave for in under a week and it is supposed to be 69 or 70 degrees with showers in every single port all the way through the trip.

I'm from New England so I don't have to worry about flying so that's good.   I decided to book since the price was so low for 2 on a balcony for 10 days.  Let's hope I can get in the pool and on the deck in the sun even if it's not hot like the Islands :).  Fall is actually my favorite season so it may work out!   Thanks for your input.  

We are on the October 15th sailing.  It will be our 7 th NE/Canada cruise.  The weather can run the gamut.  Layers and rain gear are the key.  Hat and gloves for evening sail always.  Great time of year and ports to visit.