Cabin assignment Just turned into a GTY?

kimkencruzers

Hello everyone,

I booked a triple sea view cabin 5 months ago on the Scarlet Lady with an actual cabin number.  It's for the October 4th sailing out of MIA. I just got an email this morning with "it's official, you are booked" and now I have a GTY? There is also a weird $0.75 credit.  Anyone have experience with this? Should I call to see what's up, or secretly hope they will bump us to a Sea Terrace? Thanks!

Do you still have a cabin number?  VV sends out a lot of unnecessary confirmations sometimes at random and other times if you made any sort of a purchase. Such as a Shore Thing. 

But if it did truly switch from an assigned cabin to now saying GTY on your booking, get with your travel advisor and have them correct it. You should still have the original booking confirmations with the cabin number.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

Thanks. I made no changes and my cabin number has now actually changed to a guarantee.

Definitely contact your TA, they will be able to get that straightened out. At the very least you're due a refund because the Lock It In rates are lower than the standard rates.

• Like 1

What is a triple sea view cabin?

I will confirm that VV sends out many stupid, irrelevant emails that used to scare me.  I would get things saying I had made changes to my reservation when I had done nothing.  My "first mate" was always able to see that nothing had changed in her documentation .  As Walter said above, contact your agent immediately so they can figure out what is happening and fix it.

• Like 1

I called them and they basically said that all Sea View cabins were moved to GTY and they are working on inventory.  I told them I was not happy with that answer because I was already satisfied with the cabin I was assigned for the last 3 months.  They just said "sorry" and I should have an assignment by sailing time and he would note the previous cabin number and that I was happy with that.  Not a great first impression I must say.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, _tacocat_ said:

I'm on this voyage too and i got a random re-confirmation with the same cabin but $1.50 credit... no clue what's up with that.

I looked closer and it wasn't a credit but that I owed the $0.75.  The person on the phoned said not to worry about it.

To all that was wondering, it may have all worked out for the best.  We are now assigned a balcony in the app and online, which is great.  I don't know if I believe it because online still says "sea view" and I never got a confirmation email.  I plan to just go with the flow and hopefully be pleasantly surprised with the balcony, or happy with a sea view if it changes again. One week to go.  Thank you!

• Like 3