Has anyone received their refund yet after the cancellations?

AlaskaNewbie68

3 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Wow, that's great. Definitely calling Friday morning if we don't have it tomorrow.

Ironically I attempted to change my choice the next day and they had already begun processing the refunds. We had a December & March cruise booked. Cancelled the December & transferred the March to another sailing. Wasn’t thinking.  I paid 1/2 the price for the December cruise. Should’ve transferred that one! 🙃

Day 10 and I STILL don't have my money.  When they cancelled me 2 years ago and I opted for the refund and the 25% FVC I got the money in 5 days.  I called Monday and spoke to a less than polite or helpful CSR who just kept repeating "their terms and conditions said 7-10 days and I should receive it by the 20th or 21st".  Well here we are at the 20th and there is still not one sign of my $4k+ money.  Of course it is too late to do a charge back or I would start that process.  They have held my money for almost 2 years and then have the audacity to simply hold on to it as long as they want before refunding mit when THEY CANCELLED THE CRUISE not me.  If I had cancelled I could understand dragging their feet a bit but when they did it they should be refunding the money with light speed as far as I am concerned.  Just one more reason I won't be considering Virgin if I ever cruise again.

9 hours ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

Well here we are at the 20th and there is still not one sign of my $4k+ money.  Of course it is too late to do a charge back or I would start that process.  They have held my money for almost 2 years and then have the audacity to simply hold on to it as long as they want before refunding mit when THEY CANCELLED THE CRUISE not me.  

That’s a bummer. With interest rates these days, that would have been $400 in a GIC. Even after the refund, you will have $4k credit on your credit card. Not sure your spending habits but it might take a while to spend that much or you might have to ask for a cheque. 

11 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

That’s a bummer. With interest rates these days, that would have been $400 in a GIC. Even after the refund, you will have $4k credit on your credit card. Not sure your spending habits but it might take a while to spend that much or you might have to ask for a cheque. 

I have a very small balance.  The bank said I can leave it as a credit or ask for a check.  It just adds to the delay in getting my actual money back.  Thank you for the support.  🙂

15 hours ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

I have a very small balance.  The bank said I can leave it as a credit or ask for a check.  It just adds to the delay in getting my actual money back.  Thank you for the support.  🙂

yep, they have had my money since January...still no refund here. I'll be calling later today. I do need the refund on this month's bill as we just charged our Celebrity cruise to take the place of the Virgin one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

yep, they have had my money since January...still no refund here. I'll be calling later today. I do need the refund on this month's bill as we just charged our Celebrity cruise to take the place of the Virgin one. 

Just checked:  still no refund.  Angry does not even touch the level of pi****** off I am.  I will be calling after my work meeting.  They are NOT going to like me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

Just checked:  still no refund.  Angry does not even touch the level of pi****** off I am.  I will be calling after my work meeting.  They are NOT going to like me.

let me know what happens!  I have to say the AHOY SAILOR! is really getting on my nerves lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

I called and was told "today or tomorrow"...we shall see!

They actually answered?  I called at 9:15 my time and got in the "que" for a call back:  as of right now.  NOTHING.  I emailed.  No response.  I formally opened a BBB complaint for my own entertainment as they are a fox guarding the chicken coop (though Virgin as an F rating with them)  but If I don't hear by tomorrow I am filing in court.  I have had enough of this crap.

18 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

They actually answered?  I called at 9:15 my time and got in the "que" for a call back:  as of right now.  NOTHING.  I emailed.  No response.  I formally opened a BBB complaint for my own entertainment as they are a fox guarding the chicken coop (though Virgin as an F rating with them)  but If I don't hear by tomorrow I am filing in court.  I have had enough of this crap.

Well, they called me back but it was pretty fast. Hope they call you soon! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Well, they called me back but it was pretty fast. Hope they call you soon! 

Still haven't called.  I am guessing my phone number is flagged in their system as do not call.  I wasn't rude or "Karen" when I called last week but made it clear that their customer service was non-existent and unacceptable.  This pretty much seals it for me that I will never sail with Virgin.  4 years, no cruise and now no money and no response from them.

2 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

I understand being frustrated but there’s no reason to take it out on front-line call center workers. 

People who are owed refunds will get their refunds.

As a front line customer service employee, this is what I was going to say. 

The employee on the other end of the phone cannot control how fast things get processed. Sure, make it clear you want your refund and are expecting it, but please do not take it out on the call center rep.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WestCoastDeb said:

As a front line customer service employee, this is what I was going to say. 

Thanks for your service. 🙂 Here’s hoping you’re not in an industry with particularly nasty customers, but I suppose everyone’s getting pretty demanding these days. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Thanks for your service. 🙂 Here’s hoping you’re not in an industry with particularly nasty customers, but I suppose everyone’s getting pretty demanding these days. 

Let me be CLEAR.  I was NOT nasty to ANYONE.  I just finally got through to them AGAIN.  They never called me back after placing me in their call back list.  It took 30 minutes on the phone for them to finally admit they allegedly had a "glitch" on their end and they never processed the refund to start with.  The rep on the phone today admitted the one I spoke to last week put me on hold and NEVER opened my file and checked where the refund was. I have made it crystal clear that their customer service has not been even remotely what the Virgin company has had in the past.  It should not take this much effort on the part of a consumer to get their refund.  I DID NOT CANCEL THIS CRUISE.  THEY DID.  The burden is on them to get the money back swiftly and they didn't do it.   I have EVERY RIGHT to be demanding after them holding my money for a total of 4 years for 2 yes TWO cancelled cruises and nothing to show for it.  You better believe I WANT MY MONEY BACK.  FYI:  they have an F rating with the BBB which tells you how bad their customer service really is.

5 hours ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

I called and was told "today or tomorrow"...we shall see!

Better call again.  When I got through this time the rep just now admitted the guy last week who said "the 20th or 21st" NEVER opened the file and find out about the refund never being processed.  Had he actually done his job it could have been processed last week.  Now they manually processed it.  Allegedly.  I am exhausted.  Hopefully you get your refund in time to pay Celebrity.  Fingers crossed for you.

Edited by BeasleysMom66

13 hours ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Here we are...Day ten....yesterday I was told it would be done by today. Tonight I'm told accounting dept leaves at 6 so he's not sure if it was processed, "call back tomorrow." Oh, I will. 

This is NOT ok. I am now being told the refund was never pushed and now it will be another 7-10 days!!!! WHAT???

On 9/21/2023 at 6:40 PM, BeasleysMom66 said:

Let me be CLEAR.  I was NOT nasty to ANYONE.  I just finally got through to them AGAIN.  They never called me back after placing me in their call back list.  It took 30 minutes on the phone for them to finally admit they allegedly had a "glitch" on their end and they never processed the refund to start with.  The rep on the phone today admitted the one I spoke to last week put me on hold and NEVER opened my file and checked where the refund was. I have made it crystal clear that their customer service has not been even remotely what the Virgin company has had in the past.  It should not take this much effort on the part of a consumer to get their refund.  I DID NOT CANCEL THIS CRUISE.  THEY DID.  The burden is on them to get the money back swiftly and they didn't do it.   I have EVERY RIGHT to be demanding after them holding my money for a total of 4 years for 2 yes TWO cancelled cruises and nothing to show for it.  You better believe I WANT MY MONEY BACK.  FYI:  they have an F rating with the BBB which tells you how bad their customer service really is.

Better call again.  When I got through this time the rep just now admitted the guy last week who said "the 20th or 21st" NEVER opened the file and find out about the refund never being processed.  Had he actually done his job it could have been processed last week.  Now they manually processed it.  Allegedly.  I am exhausted.  Hopefully you get your refund in time to pay Celebrity.  Fingers crossed for you.

Oh  I AM GETTING NASTY at this point, after being lied to, being nice is getting me nowhere. Has ANYONE seen their refund yet? She actually said "The person you spoke to Thursday probably never checked"...and that's oK?????

I do not blame you one bit for your frustration.   I did request a refund and received a partial one a little over a week ago, but they still owe me over $560. I had paid this cruise in full when booked.  Their email said that they are giving me a future cruise credit for the deposit because it was over the full refund period which is bs,  I am not the one who cancelled the cruise, they did so I should be receiving a full refund.    I do have a TA working on it, but so far I am still out $560.  This would have been my first cruise on Virgin and as of right now I will never be setting foot on one of their ships if this is the way they treat their customers.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Raysgirl said:

I do not blame you one bit for your frustration.   I did request a refund and received a partial one a little over a week ago, but they still owe me over $560. I had paid this cruise in full when booked.  Their email said that they are giving me a future cruise credit for the deposit because it was over the full refund period which is bs,  I am not the one who cancelled the cruise, they did so I should be receiving a full refund.    I do have a TA working on it, but so far I am still out $560.  This would have been my first cruise on Virgin and as of right now I will never be setting foot on one of their ships if this is the way they treat their customers.

This would have been our first on VV too. I'm not looking to try them again. Why cancel cruises that were booked almost 2 years out when they should have canceled the cruises that the ship wasn't ready. Another thing, what company will remind you NOT forget your birth control. I still can't get over that one.