Debating Superior (F2) vs Concierge (E) on Grandeur out of Miami

Whinenowine

48 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Normally an F2 is sufficient.  Any thoughts on whether it's worthwhile upgrading to an E?  Pretty much comes down to pre-cruise hotel (which do they use in Miami?) and wi-fi logins (we'd need 3)--or am I missing something?  Thanks in advance. 

If you have less than 21 nights on Regent, E will get you earlier chance to reserve specialty restaurants...much more likely to get preferred seating times and table for 2 if you prefer. If you have 21 nights or more (silver status, I believe) you get that benefit anyway, regardless of category you are in. As far as WI fi goes, I believe cost for extras are $29 each per day, so need to figure that cost in. We recently booked a Splendor 14 day cruise in F2 because we have loads of Marriott points to use so included hotel is not worth it for us and with one extra wifi we need even at $29 per day, is a better deal for us than the $1800 extra per cabin we would have had to pay to go up to an E (Concierge) suite. We also happened to like the location of an available F2 just as well as what was available in the E category. IMHO, the single included wifi connection for suites in F category and below will change at some point. Consider that the NCL Corp now offers 2 included wifi connections even in the least expensive inside cabins on Oceania now that they have gone to their Simply More pricing structure.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Normally an F2 is sufficient.  Any thoughts on whether it's worthwhile upgrading to an E?  Pretty much comes down to pre-cruise hotel (which do they use in Miami?) and wi-fi logins (we'd need 3)--or am I missing something?  Thanks in advance. 

It depends on your Seven Seas Society status.  If you are Silver and above, you will receive prior speciality restaurant reservations and shore excursion reservations.  In other words, you get to book earlier than others.  If you are Gold, you will receive $100 shipboard credit per suite and  four Wi-Fi logins for four devices per suite.  If you are below Silver or Gold, you may want to book an E suite.

I prefer the F2 suites myself.

Hotels in Miami are easy to book on your own and transportation to the pier is not an issue.  The hotels Regent uses seems to be influx right now.  Ask your TA to find out.

• Like 1

Thx, all.  Won't be Silver until after this cruise, so the early booking does still have some marginal value for us.   If memory serves, I think it's 15day earlier booking for the specialty venues and shore excursions?  We also have tons of AMEX and Marriott points, so don't normally avail ourselves of any cruise hotel benefit either. This is why I've never been sure it's worth it for us to upgrade to the higher cabin. 

Then again, the difference is $1,400 for this cruise, so not egregious when you consider we'd spend $400+ just for additional logins (kills me Regent still only offers 1).  I supposed I could always order multiple bottles of expensive wine and pile up on the 10% discount benefits there.  😉

We have done 25 Regent cruises; many were in Concierge to: avoid the deviation fees by coming in 1 day before embarkation; get the transport from the airport in "difficult" cities, or a large balcony in the newer ships. Otherwise it's an F cabin for us as number of internet connections was not a consideration for us.

In your situation, I'd probably go Concierge if an desireable suite location was available. 

If you’re a balcony person the Concierge balcony might be a big deal. Much more comfortable for sitting out or dining on the balcony. 

I think I’m in the minority on this but I like the convenience of the in-room coffee maker in Concierge. 

2 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

If you’re a balcony person the Concierge balcony might be a big deal. Much more comfortable for sitting out or dining on the balcony. 

I think I’m in the minority on this but I like the convenience of the in-room coffee maker in Concierge. 

Thx, jeb_bud,  Yeah, balcony may be a non-financial deal clincher--I think Eager2Travel agreed w/ that. Love a pre-excursion breakfast or a pre-dinner drink out on the balcony.

As for the coffee maker, DW may like that, but I'm a Coffee Connection (get out of the cabin and get my steps in) kinda guy.