NCL Encore in May 2024, Ketchikan

22kdowning

We are thinking of exploring Ketchikan on our own and taking the  one hour excursion of " LOCAL BREWS & WATERFRONT CRUISE" to get to Ketchikan. How do we get back to the ship? We are doing lengthy tours at the other ports and wanted to see some of the culture here.

Edited by 22kdowning

17 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

NCL normally runs a shuttle bus back to the ship at Ward Cove.  Check the times as I believe the last bus leaves about an hour before the all aboard time.

We did NCL last year.  Between the port times, shuttle times, and docking out of town, the stay was short.  Almost not worth it.

Your time there I believe is 7 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. which is a pretty short day especially given the transfer time between Ward Cove and Ketchikan. You will need to be planning to shuttle back to the ship by around Noon. Not sure what time your excursion is, but given that it sounds like it involves beer tasting and food, it is likely not at 7 a.m., so I'm guessing it leaves the ship mid morning which probably means you would need to go directly back to the ship when it is over. Maybe you could find out from NCL if you could meet your tour in town and try to take an early shuttle so you can see some of Ketchikan before your tour? 

I’ll second @karatemom2’s suggestion, get the free shuttle early into town and maybe do a later excursion that is in town. It’s the approach i’ve planned for my cruise on Norwegian bliss . I’ll try to get the shuttle early into town so I can wander around and see the totem poles along with creek street, I’d then go to the lumberjack show and get the excursion transport back from that. 

• 2 weeks later...