Fare adjustment

bones774

On our recently completed GEM cruise in august the fare for our club balcony went down by $1400 total 4 weeks before the cruise and well after final payment.   DW and I each received $700 FCC at completion of the cruise.   The FCC expires Aug. 30 2024 so one year from end of sailing.  If I remember correctly you must book and sail by that date.  I don't understand any complaints about this FCC on this thread.  I agreed to and accepted the price and made final payment.  Complaints about restrictions make no sense as NCL was under NO obligation to provide ANY FCC.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davencl said:

On our recently completed GEM cruise in august the fare for our club balcony went down by $1400 total 4 weeks before the cruise and well after final payment.   DW and I each received $700 FCC at completion of the cruise.   The FCC expires Aug. 30 2024 so one year from end of sailing.  If I remember correctly you must book and sail by that date.  I don't understand any complaints about this FCC on this thread.  I agreed to and accepted the price and made final payment.  Complaints about restrictions make no sense as NCL was under NO obligation to provide ANY FCC.

Totally agree with your experience and opinion.   We have received FCC twice in the last 18 months and were very happy with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

That’s what they did for me back in October 2021. I think it’s full FCC now. Am I correct?

Mine was more than I calculated so I didn’t complain. Yes it’s a full FCC.

in regards to terms and conditions they were included in the email I received stating I got the FCC and how much.

4 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

That’s what they did for me back in October 2021. I think it’s full FCC now. Am I correct?

Our cruise dropped a total of $1100 and we received a FCC in the amount of $1100. That was in November, 2022. I doubt things have changed since then...but as they say, YMMV.

Edited by schmoopie17

On 9/21/2023 at 11:48 AM, wxtrix said:

thanks for the info in this thread--our cabin for our next cruise has dropped $1,000 and for some reason i thought NCL would only give you a FFC worth 25% of the difference after final payment, I called and put in a request for the FFC.

On 9/21/2023 at 12:45 PM, wxtrix said:

the rep i spoke to couldn't confirm exactly how much the FCC would be if it is approved. I'll know in a week.

i heard back today:  we’re getting a $2000 FCC after we conclude our November cruise. it’s more than i had calculated.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

yes. but that’s a pretty good incentive. 😁

For sure with a couple thousand. A couple hundred?  Not so much.

Go for any OBC you can get.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Like 1