Wind Surf - 16 December 2023

Grandex

Hello everyone.....I am sailing solo on a 14 day cruise on the Wind Surf and wanted to know if others might be on the same cruise. I was told it was a special singles cruise so it would be nice to know some people before boarding. I have been to most of these islands before and am looking forward to not taking any tours but take a taxi to the beach to swim...... Let me know if you are coming. 

Who told you it would be a singles cruise? I've never heard of Windstar having any specifically designated singles cruises. They do have some cruises with a reduced or no solo supplement so perhaps it could have been one of those - it isn't currently on the list for that, but it's also showing up as pretty fully booked so maybe it was taken off the list. 

Its not advertised as a singles cruise but since I am traveling alone I asked Windstar if there were many other solo passengers on this sailing and the response I got was "There should be many singles as we had a special singles rate for this cruise".

• Thanks 1

A note on terminology: Windstar mentions their reduced rates for solo passengers as reduced or waived single supplement but it's more common to use "solo" any passenger traveling on their own with "single" more specifically used for solo travelers who are unattached (i.e. not married or otherwise paired-up overall). I'm not single but my husband isn't interested in traveling as much as I am so I sometimes travel solo. 

I have been solo on a few Windstar cruises including sometimes one with a waived solo supplement. There have always been some solo passengers but not a huge number. I didn't notice the proportion being markedly different on the one I took with no solo supplement (maybe it was higher like 15 to 20% instead of 5 to 10% but not enough to be noticeable). On the other hand, I've generally found Windstar passengers to be a friendly lot and couples were quite willing to socialize with solos. I never felt left out or isolated when traveling solo on Windstar.

I travel solo 99% of the time and mix well with anyone, that was not my concern. I am a photographer and like traveling alone to take pictures etc so no issue with being solo, however, since this is a holiday cruise I was curious in regards to my not sticking out like a sore thumb...lol