FCO A nightmare?

Anyislandwilldo

On 10/25/2023 at 2:06 PM, rg123 said:

Hoping that our experience at FCO will help others. We were a little nervous about our 11 am flight out having read so many things about such a tight time frame from leaving the port and getting to the airport. But it worked fine for us and we had plenty of time!!

We were booked on flight from Rome to IAD on Sun Oct 15. We took our luggage and disembarked at 6:45 am. Our 7 am pickup with CabRoma was already waiting for us. We got to the airport around 8:15 (?) and used the kiosks to print our boarding passes/luggage tags.

Went to the United desk to check our bags and the woman asked if we would like to volunteer to give up our seats. (We were originally booked for 11 am to Newark with an arrival time of 9 pm). She said we could be on a Lufthansa flight leaving at 10:15 am and get home at 4:30 pm but we would have to walk about 7 min to another terminal. She assured us we could make the flight. They offered hefty compensation travel vouchers as well so we said yes! Win-win!

Walked to the other terminal, checked in with Lufthansa and then used our fast track pass for security (we had a printed copy with a QR code). It was a breeze and we were still at our gate by 9:15 am. Great day and we got back 4+ hours than originally planned. 

Excellent!!  Thank you for sharing this!!

27 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Thanks everyone for your valuable input.  I have absorbed it all and hopefully I'm able to make the right decisions when I get to the airport. 

Good luck! Hope your airport experience goes well for you. Safe travels!