Excursions in Puerto Vallarta & Cabo

djtx2

On 12/15/2023 at 8:30 PM, Mike45LC said:

When you get off the tender in Cabo, there is a huge swarm of vendors selling tours.  Probably every one of these vendors will sell you a water taxi tour. 

It is a standard tour, leaving from a dock in the Marina, going out to the Arch by way of Lover's Beach (where you can get off the water taxi [warning:  no services, and you wade ashore]), a quick stop to see fish through the "glass bottom", a stop to admire the stinking sea lions, a stop at the Arch, and a stop by Divorce Beach.  The only usual variation in this tour is if some passengers want to get off at Medano Beach (lots of services, but again, you need to wade ashore).  

The cruise lines offer lots of tours, but I don't know if they have this basic no-frills boat ride.  The cost is too low for the cruise line to make money on this -- $10 or $12, plus a $1 dock fee.

Super helpful!!  Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 1:19 AM, Marie.A said:

For Puerto Vallarta, I would recommend to walk from the Malecón Boardwalk to Los Muertos Beach.

It is a 5 miles route to see and discover:

- sculptures from Mexican Artists at the Malecon Boardwalk

- The Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe

- The municipal market at Rio Cuale

- The Island of Rio Cuale

- La zona romantica, the trendy and colorful neighborhood

- Lazaro Cardenas Park with colorful tile mosaics and sculptures

- End at Los Muertos Beach for a dining experience

If you are interested, I wrote a quick article: For pics and more details

Enjoy your visit!

Picture1.png

Superb article with really great pictures! I’ll be there in January 2025 traveling solo on a cruise ship. This seems like a very safe and delightful way to spend the day.

For Puerto Vallarta, I would recommend to walk from the Malecón Boardwalk to Los Muertos Beach.

Enjoy your visit!

Picture1.png

We get in at 7AM and leave at 5PM.  How much time for this please? Thanks.

Has anyone booked the “Deluxe All-Inclusive Beach Resort Escape” in Puerto Vallarta with RCC?

I was wondering which resort this one was at.  They are showing 3 different all in-inclusive resorts but this one sounded like the best.  I don’t really want to book it without knowing the resort.

TYI

6 hours ago, bladerunner6 said:

We get in at 7AM and leave at 5PM.  How much time for this please? Thanks.

Plenty of time.  I live in PV (during the winter months) and walk from downtown (Romantic Zone) out to the cruise port and back on many mornings.  It is only a little more than 3 miles from Centro to the port.  A taxi or bus handles that in 15-20 minutes or you can walk it in an hour (assuming you are a fast walker).  

If your goal is to simply come into town (Centro and the Romantic Zone/Old Town) you would have more than enough time to walk everywhere, enjoy a long lunch, and grab a taxi back out to the port.  

Hank

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Plenty of time.  I live in PV (during the winter months) and walk from downtown (Romantic Zone) out to the cruise port and back on many mornings.  It is only a little more than 3 miles from Centro to the port.  A taxi or bus handles that in 15-20 minutes or you can walk it in an hour (assuming you are a fast walker).  

If your goal is to simply come into town (Centro and the Romantic Zone/Old Town) you would have more than enough time to walk everywhere, enjoy a long lunch, and grab a taxi back out to the port.  

Hank

Thanks. I showed Marie A’s tour to my lovely wife and she loved it too. We are on the Discovery Princess for the eclipse and this will make for an enjoyable, relaxing day.

Edited by bladerunner6

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Hey @Hlitner, love chatting with a PT local!  Thinking spa (Metamorfosis) and lunch (Pancho Tako) from my research in Pv- any thoughts or recommendations? Also want a day-pass for a beach club.  Or thinking just to book a beachfront hotel- very cheap!! Thanks!! 

15 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Hey @Hlitner, love chatting with a PT local!  Thinking spa (Metamorfosis) and lunch (Pancho Tako) from my research in Pv- any thoughts or recommendations? Also want a day-pass for a beach club.  Or thinking just to book a beachfront hotel- very cheap!! Thanks!! 

Pancho Tacos is not open for lunch (opening time is usually around 4-5pm).  A good alternative (for decent al pastor) is Sonorita which opens around 2. I cannot help with beach clubs (we simply go to Los Muertos Beach where we spend most of our days).  There are numerous restaurants along the beach (in the Romantic Zone/Old Town) that have chairs/loungers for those who want to pay for lunch (and sometimes for the lounger).  There are also some hotels/resorts that will allow visitors, but somebody (perhaps Ine) else will need to post that info since we don't do that kind of thing.  

You will get many opinions on spas/massages.  The sad thing is that prices have increased, and the US Dollar is down :(.  Not a good combination.

Hank

Enjoy your visit!

Picture1.png

Great job on this. My lovely wife and I are definitely doing this. Thanks!