It’s Killing Me To Not Book Another Cruise

laudergayle

On 9/21/2023 at 9:19 PM, Panhandle Couple said:

RCL CEO has stated that they want to close the "cruise price gap" compared to land vacas.  Read that as they are raising their rates.  All others will follow.

And he meant it because a lot of their pricing is seriously expensive right now! We sail RCI frequently, but won’t sail at those prices. Not sure what “land vacations” he is comparing them to unless it’s overpriced Disney. 😂

On 9/21/2023 at 9:29 PM, shof515 said:

now these days there is no such thing as brand loyalty. there is no more perks for being a past passenger on airlines/cruises 

I have a different opinion. I value my free bag-o-laundry, 2 extra specialty meals, dinner with an officer, and 15% shore excursion discount.  I get these on NCL, and not on other cruise lines.  In return NCL has gotten brand loyalty from me - I cruise primarily NCL.

I agree some fares are excessive, but there are good deals to be had.  We just booked a 12-night Australia New Zealand in a balcony with FAS for a base fare of $2,549 pp.  Just over $200/night.  And if you want/need to reduce cost, and inside with FAS is only $899.  Our TA was offering free gratuities and 7 United Airline miles per $ cruise fare.  We used two cruise next certificates, received 10% military discount, and get a $250 OBC credit for being a shareholder.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I have a different opinion. I value my free bag-o-laundry, 2 extra specialty meals, dinner with an officer, and 15% shore excursion discount.  I get these on NCL, and not on other cruise lines.  In return NCL has gotten brand loyalty from me - I cruise primarily NCL.

I agree some fares are excessive, but there are good deals to be had.  We just booked a 12-night Australia New Zealand in a balcony with FAS for a base fare of $2,549 pp.  Just over $200/night.  And if you want/need to reduce cost, and inside with FAS is only $899.  Our TA was offering free gratuities and 7 United Airline miles per $ cruise fare.  We used two cruise next certificates, received 10% military discount, and get a $250 OBC credit for being a shareholder.

I agree…I like the Latitudes perks…hope they don’t start to skimp on them.  Great job finding a deal.  Your cruise sounds amazing…but that flight time…ouch.  On a 12-day I think you only get $100 OBC.  

On 9/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, laudergayle said:

I’m elated…Vancouver to Seward, mid-May, balcony…after the CF down payment we owe a little less than $2000. Probably the best deal we’ve ever gotten on NCL.

Yay me🤩

Ok…now I know we were meant to take this cruise.  I have been watching airfare, doing mock bookings.  I have tried every combination…using companion ticket to SEA then multi city SEA to YVR then ANC to ATL, one ways, miles, dollars, etc.  all the combos I have tried have been around $1300 plus 92k miles for two.  

Today I tried a multi city, same day ticket, ATL to SEA then SEA to YVR…I was SHOCKED to find the flight was $350 pp.  Booked.  And, Delta ticketed as a one way ATL to YVR with SEA layover (which BTW was $850 pp if booked the way Delta ticketed it).  The return from Anchorage to Atlanta was 29K each, total of 58k.

End result…two tickets Atlanta yo Vancouver and Anchorage to Atlanta for $700 and 58,000 miles.  Yay me☺️…again.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 8

48 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Ok…now I know we were meant to take this cruise.  I have been watching airfare, doing mock bookings.  I have tried every combination…using companion ticket to SEA then multi city SEA to YVR then ANC to ATL, one ways, miles, dollars, etc.  all the combos I have tried have been around $1300 plus 92k miles for two.  

Today I tried a multi city, same day ticket, ATL to SEA then SEA to YVR…I was SHOCKED to find the flight was $350 pp.  Booked.  And, Delta ticketed as a one way ATL to YVR with SEA layover (which BTW was $850 pp if booked the way Delta ticketed it).  The return from Anchorage to Atlanta was 29K each, total of 58k.

End result…two tickets Atlanta yo Vancouver and Anchorage to Atlanta for $700 and 58,000 miles.  Yay me☺️…again.

Some higher being...or Kismet? Whatever the forces, they heard you loud and clear. Very happy for you.

• Thanks 1