Another website error?

bajae

I found this interesting.  Looking at the cabins on the lower promenade, deck 3, of the Zaandam (looks like it is the same with the Volendam).  The deck plan provided by HAL has a different ordering of cabin numbers for the interior rooms verses the numbers for actually booking your room.  So when looking to book a cabin, the cabins are listed in numerical order: 3340, 3343, 3344, 3347, 3352, 3355, 3356.

image.png.255bfeb90ddf0c1e5dd79ec8ec6f2947.png

But the deck plan has them in this order: 3340, 3344, 3343, 3347, 3352, 3356, 3355

image.png.9a86b3b141c2ca5f9f4c4475d8aeb4d8.png

I am assuming the deck plan is the correct numbering since the direction the cabin doors open follows the usual numbering that cabins on starboard side are odd numbered and cabins on port side are even.  But this should mean that the person who books cabin 3356 thinking it only shares one wall with another cabin will be surprised when they show up and find they are actually nestled between two cabins.  One would think this error should have been noticed by now and corrected.

Your first list is correct. Some cabins were renumbered when the offices were removed in the interior between the forward and mid-ship elevators. Some odd-numbered cabins ended up on port side, while some even numbered cabins are on starboard. 
I suspect some old screens were not updated. 

I booked an old favorite, by number as I remembered it, on the Zaandam. It had always been on starboard. Nope. As it turned out, the numbers were different in that area now, and I booked a cabin on port. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3