Grandson, his parents and us - Sharing the kiddo

seattle sojourner

I have reserved a Neptune Suite for my husband and I and a balcony cabin (?Vista Suite) for my daughter's family of 3 (husband and 10 yo son) on a 27 day trip to the Amazon in 2025.  I expect that we will all hang out together on the Neptune Suite's more spacious balcony sometimes, and that there will be evenings when the parents will want to be out and about the ship while my husband and I don't so will have the grandson with us.   Depending on various circumstances, the grandson will spend the night in one or the other of our cabins.  In the past we have done this in regular Veranda cabins and with the wonderful assistance of our room stewards.

I'm wondering if there are any pros/cons to having our grandson assigned to one room vs the other.  The cost for a third person is the same, regardless of the cabin/suite.  We've never stayed in a Neptune Suite before, and I wonder if having him officially in our suite with access to the Neptune Lounge snacks during the day might be a nice option.   

Any insights?

I think this is a question best asked on the HAL board.  Having only stayed in inside and OV cabins on HAL I’m not qualified to answer your question…But in reading the offerings of the Neptune suite, the complimentary laundry might be quite handy for a young boy.  EM

• Thanks 1

If it truly costs nothing more to put your grandchild in the suite (check daily gratuity fees too, which are often higher in a suite) then I'd recommend putting them there, since there are often suite perks like additional loyalty points and priority disembarkation that your grandchild can take advantage of.  They can switch the room key cards on the ship if they will spend most of their time in the parents' room, but its better to get the extra loyalty points if you can.

• Thanks 1