Tour companies and guides for Kyoto

Amster12345

On 10/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, micruiser2002 said:

I am using DOKOTRIP for Kyoto in a few weeks.  We will be taking the train from Osaka to Kyoto and spending the night in Kyoto.  Then we will be using the tour company the next day and they will return us to the ship.

Can you tell me where you booked this with DOKOTRIP?  We are doing the exact same thing when in Osaka and Kyoto next month. 

1 hour ago, Sstan said:

Can you tell me where you booked this with DOKOTRIP?  We are doing the exact same thing when in Osaka and Kyoto next month. 

You can contact them on their website - https://dokotrip.com/  They also have their tours on Viator if you prefer to book that way.  I booked initially on Viator but then changed 2 direct to them so they didn't have to pay whatever the commission is to Viator.  They do not require any deposit and full payment 1-2 days before tours.  I will try to remember to come back next week after we have used them.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, monkey@cruise said:

I also used SmartEx app on my Shinkansen travel 2 weeks ago. All Shinkansen tickets are time specific, you can make change to your tickets as long as your original departure time not passed and you hasn't passed the ticket gate. The non reserved tickets are non reserved seat tickets, no seat assignment  usually car 1 - 3,

Just an FYI, I was just looking at my booking again because I thought I might have to change the time to later but realized with a Non reserved ticket there is not specific time.  This ticket is good for any train on the date booked.  None of the information on the app or in my confirmation show any time.  This is from their website:  image.thumb.png.23e0d90886c265fc5d15e4f340e04ebd.png

2 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Just an FYI, I was just looking at my booking again because I thought I might have to change the time to later but realized with a Non reserved ticket there is not specific time.  This ticket is good for any train on the date booked.  None of the information on the app or in my confirmation show any time.  This is from their website:  image.thumb.png.23e0d90886c265fc5d15e4f340e04ebd.png

You are right. If you selected a random train in "Select Train/Facilities" screen, then If you reserve a non-reserved seat, you can board any train on the boarding date that you made a reservation for. Non-reserved seats cars are 1 - 3 only.  Short haul travel between Osaka/Kobe and Kyoto is OK (30 min), but not pleasant if standing on long haul.

2 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

You are right. If you selected a random train in "Select Train/Facilities" screen, then If you reserve a non-reserved seat, you can board any train on the boarding date that you made a reservation for. Non-reserved seats cars are 1 - 3 only.  Short haul travel between Osaka/Kobe and Kyoto is OK (30 min), but not pleasant if standing on long haul.