Just returned from our first Scenic ocean cruise.

liptastic

We cruised onboard Scenic Eclipse 11 from Leith to Dublin.  The ship and the service onboard and food was excellent.  From boarding to disembarking it was truly wonderful.  We did have to miss out St Kilda due to weather conditions, but an extra night In Edinburgh was welcome and the excursion team did a great job of arranging shuttle buses and a trip to a local fishmonger with chef to source fresh fish. 
Already we are looking into our next Scenic Cruise.     Jean. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a great time.  Ive looked at Scenic but really need help understanding the value.  Ive taken dozens of cruises on many lines and have settled on Seabourn and Crystal as my go-tos if I can.  To me, they are near perfect.  Then I see Scenic with prices of $1k a night.  Id be interested to know how such a price point makes sense?  You can only drink so much wine.   Thanks

5 hours ago, firstforty2012 said:

Sounds like a great time.  Ive looked at Scenic but really need help understanding the value.  Ive taken dozens of cruises on many lines and have settled on Seabourn and Crystal as my go-tos if I can.  To me, they are near perfect.  Then I see Scenic with prices of $1k a night.  Id be interested to know how such a price point makes sense?  You can only drink so much wine.   Thanks

Hi , This was our first Scenic Cruise. We have sailed with Regent solely since 2009, and were really excited to cruise Scenic. We felt it was value for £ comparing it to Regent. 
It’s a completely different cruise. We enjoyed the intimacy of the smaller guest numbers and we got to know fellow guests easily. I know food is a personal preference but we enjoyed all our meals, good choices and locally sourced produce was a highlight.  My husband is not a wine drinker but I enjoy wine and found the inclusive wines were better quality and choice than Regent. 
Pre cruise information and documentation could be better, but I am sure that’s an ongoing process to develop. Onboard comfort and standards is exceptional.
We are looking to find another cruise with Scenic in 2025.    Jean. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just recently returned from Scenic and one of my biggest complaints is communication.  You don't find out until the night before what time your tour starts; we had a low pax count so they alternated what restaurants were open for dinner but no advance notice of what was planned for the rotation.  The crew are great but communication from the really poor web site (and all you can do is fill in flight / hotel info, contact info, etc.)  Once you pick your tours you can not go back and review what you selected.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 6:47 AM, firstforty2012 said:

The new Seabourn cruise ships, Venture and Pursuit, are also at the price point of 1K per night.  Service, amenties, small ship, and some passengers do not even drink alcohol.