Royal vs. Princess

baileymouse

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

I’ve been to the WJ on Anthem and Enchantment….both extremes lol and I found them to be better than most buffets. Never tried the buffet on Oasis because we had CK access. 

Because we now sail just oasis class we can eat in CK but also buy UDP so dinner is in specialty and some lunches, have not been in WJ in a long time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Looking forward to trying another line just shaking things up.  My not like it, may love it.  Will not know til we try.  Thing is that if RCCL had not cut their food selection and quality so much (as well as other cuts we did not like - the way they handle MTD, cutting cover bands in the Music Hall, etc.), along with doubling and tripling their prices, we likely would be sailing on RCCL instead of Princess in March.

We tried Celebrity and loved some things and did not like others.  We did the same with NCL and really enjoyed it overall, but pricing was always about one and a half times RCCL, so we stuck to RCCL (now NCL is half the price of RCCL, we would likely look at NCL first).

Do not get me wrong.  We still enjoy RCCL.  We have 3 upcoming cruises booked with them, but the first of those 3 is not until next summer.  Hopefully, RCCL starts to realize by then that insane demand for cruising now (due to a lack of cruising during the pandemic) will likely subside somewhat and they will have to do something to try to bring back their loyal customers that wandered elsewhere when they decided to downgrade the quality of their product and over price it as well.

Well, you’ll have to let us know how you liked it. What ship are you going to be on? We were on a newer ship, the Discovery , and the washer and dryer were free so that was kind of cool. Also, you can go up and drop your luggage off as soon as you get on the ship even if the rooms aren’t ready yet.  There was a lot of entertainment  going on throughout the ship at all times . Make sure you check out the pizza.  Enjoy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SportsFanatic said:

Well, you’ll have to let us know how you liked it. What ship are you going to be on? We were on a newer ship, the Discovery , and the washer and dryer were free so that was kind of cool. Also, you can go up and drop your luggage off as soon as you get on the ship even if the rooms aren’t ready yet.  There was a lot of entertainment  going on throughout the ship at all times . Make sure you check out the pizza.  Enjoy 

We are booked on the Regal Princess.  Looks like the same class as Discovery, but 8 years older.

Just my opinion but

Royal is more fun, I am an adult who loves flowriders and slides, whereas Princess is more relaxing, I love the sanctuary where I can have a reserved lounger, on the other lines people are vicious in trying to grab your chair if you so much as shift in your seat.  And I can have whatever I want delivered wherever I am.  The app has always worked seamlessly for me and I have trouble sailing without it now.

Princess has far better food. Royal has deleted the premium choices from their dining room.  No more lamb chops, no more veal, the entrees that cost $$ have been replaced by casseroles and the like that cost as much as dog food to prepare.  And are just about as appealing.

Princess still offers twice a day room service.  I openly admit this is very important to me.  

Royal has a better rewards program, however the executives are thinking of making changes that will eventually make their rewards much less rewarding.  

I was loyal to Royal, but am mostly moved to princess.  Will itch royal completely if their rewards lose value.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

Consistently or just on the Oasis class?  I've been on 3 RCL ships and none featured live music during their production shows.

I was on Vision in August and Explorer in April and both had bands who played during shows, either at back of stage or were in the orchestra pit.  Cruise director Clo specifically mentioned the live music and how important it was to have it.  I've been on other Royal ships that also have live music.

Edited by moposh
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Its the journey said:

Just my opinion but

Royal is more fun, I am an adult who loves flowriders and slides, whereas Princess is more relaxing, I love the sanctuary where I can have a reserved lounger, on the other lines people are vicious in trying to grab your chair if you so much as shift in your seat.  And I can have whatever I want delivered wherever I am.  The app has always worked seamlessly for me and I have trouble sailing without it now.

Princess has far better food. Royal has deleted the premium choices from their dining room.  No more lamb chops, no more veal, the entrees that cost $$ have been replaced by casseroles and the like that cost as much as dog food to prepare.  And are just about as appealing.

Princess still offers twice a day room service.  I openly admit this is very important to me.  

Royal has a better rewards program, however the executives are thinking of making changes that will eventually make their rewards much less rewarding.  

I was loyal to Royal, but am mostly moved to princess.  Will itch royal completely if their rewards lose value.

I love the flowrider and I would expect to miss it a fair bit on our upcoming Regal cruise.  I really have no need for one if the cruise is port intensive, but the one out of Galveston is not.

I cannot wait to try the app on Princess to order drinks (the app on RCCL is very poor).  We got the PLUS package, so we will put that app to the test.

I am excited to see what you say about the food.  The Princess menus (even if people on this board say the food has taken a big step backwards) sounds far more creative and enticing than the current RCCL ones.

I miss the twice per day cabin service.  We keep the room very tidy, so the extra cleaning probably should take the cabin steward 5-10 minutes at most.

We are Diamond with Royal and love the Diamond lounge, free 8x10 photo and 4 drinks per day at our loyalty level.  RCCL renamed their Diamond lounge the Crown Lounge today, so if they remove our access to that lounge in the future due to the name change, that is one less thing RCCL's loyalty level would offer us and be one less thing that keeps us loyal to Royal usually.

• Like 1