Ballroom Dancing in Quest

bingham

2 hours ago, Morrey said:

I'm a ballroom dancer and would like to try Azamara with some friends.  Can anyone tell me what happens in the Cabaret Lounge, it looks like it has a nice dance floor?

Unfortunately not, although the Azamara Band is very good. The dancefloor is at the Livingroom with an other band.  

On 3/23/2024 at 1:42 AM, beatnix said:

Unfortunately not, although the Azamara Band is very good. The dancefloor is at the Livingroom with an other band.  

Thank you Beatnix,

The dancefloor in the Livingroom looks very small for Ballroom.  I may have to try it with my dance partner and see what we think.  I the Cabaret available anytime during the cruise for dancing or is it just for shows?

I guess second would you recommend Azamara overall?

5 hours ago, Morrey said:

Thank you Beatnix,

The dancefloor in the Livingroom looks very small for Ballroom.  I may have to try it with my dance partner and see what we think.  I the Cabaret available anytime during the cruise for dancing or is it just for shows?

I guess second would you recommend Azamara overall?

Sometimes pre show the band play for dancing. You can ask the cruise director and if it’s possible most will do it. At non show times the lounge is closed for rehearsals etc so no guest access. 

Just off the Pursuit where we had 2 signature dancers (Dorota & Joshua)  in addition to the regular 4 show team.  Ballroom lessons were given on 2 days but no “pre-show” dancing was scheduled.

Not sure if the return of dancers is across all ships as last couple we have done they had been dropped.

9 minutes ago, royallondon said:

Just off the Pursuit where we had 2 signature dancers (Dorota & Joshua)  in addition to the regular 4 show team.  Ballroom lessons were given on 2 days but no “pre-show” dancing was scheduled.

Not sure if the return of dancers is across all ships as last couple we have done they had been dropped.

Quest had two designated dancers who supported the 4 singers in the show last month. They were fine in that role but didn’t seem skilled (precise) enough to do a show on their own. They weren’t ballroom dancers more show and beat dancers