Escape to Sea VS Free Drinks & Wi-Fi Package. Newbie Question.

cakewalk73

Hello All, 

New Baby Cruiser here.  I apologize if this has been answered before, I tried searching and did not see anything.  If I booked a cabin at the basic Escape to Sea rate, whether it be Bella, Fantastica or Aurea, then changed my mind later and want to opt for the Free Drinks & Wi-Fi package, could I then change it?  Or would I then be stuck at adding the drinks and Wi-Fi package separately at the more expensive rate?

Thanks much.  Cheers Everyone!

Making changes with MSC isn't as simple as it is with other lines. Things can get messed up. You might lose your deposit, your stateroom, your rate, or even your entire cruise.

My advice is to decide what you want to book before making an official booking. Promos do change so don't wait too long.

After that, save copies of every PDF that MSC sends to you including the first confirmation PDF after making a deposit.

If you decide to make a change over the phone, do not hang up until whatever change that you made is correct AND you have a confirmation PDF sent to your email. My longest phone call with MSC is over 90 minutes long but everything was eventually corrected.

Other forum members haven't been so lucky. 😔

The drink packages have gotten REALLY expensive, even when purchased initially as part of the Drinks + WiFi promo and even more so if you try to add it on later. But if your cruise date is far enough ahead and if your deposit is refundable, you can just cancel your existing cruise and rebook it with the package assuming that package is still being offered. Make doubly sure your existing deposit is refundable before you cancel your current res.

Good to keep in mind.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I drink a ton of water, but very little alcohol, and my DH is recently sober.  If it wasn't for the included wi-fi, I think we would be better off paying for drinks separately, but with wi-fi, it might just be a tie.