Princess cruises Medalion

1 hour ago, maukin said:

Can anyone please help with this ongoing problem that many of us have

Which ongoing problem? I have no ongoing problems with medallion.

Plenty here that can offer advice on how to use the medallion, but for any bugs you can ring Princess and have a member of their medallion team assist you over the phone.

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Which ongoing problem? I have no ongoing problems with medallion.

Plenty here that can offer advice on how to use the medallion, but for any bugs you can ring Princess and have a member of their medallion team assist you over the phone.

48 minutes ago, maukin said:

Quite a few members are having trouble booking restaurants before our cruise.

I'm resigned to the fact I probably won't get the 2 included specialty restaurant bookings that come with my old premier package. Someone commented early in the year, I think it was, with these short cruises the restaurants are over-subscribed by all the passengers with our freebies. Logistically, it just can't be done - there's just not enough tables/chairs and nights for the number of 'free' dinners they've sold in their packages.

1 hour ago, maukin said:

Quite a few members are having trouble booking restaurants before our cruise.

It is working for me, for a cruise next month, another next year, and another in 2025.

The pre-booking of specialty restaurants isn't a glitch, but a decision from Princess to restrict it - so that those without the app have a chance of getting their bookings too.

I can help with a how to, but I can't help to fix something that is broken - that is Princess' problem - 1300 551 853. 

22 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm resigned to the fact I probably won't get the 2 included specialty restaurant bookings that come with my old premier package. Someone commented early in the year, I think it was, with these short cruises the restaurants are over-subscribed by all the passengers with our freebies. Logistically, it just can't be done - there's just not enough tables/chairs and nights for the number of 'free' dinners they've sold in their packages.

Yes, I commented as such. These were on 3 nighters that were among the first following the launch of premier packages. More obvious on Coral, with more limited numbers that could be catered. There were passengers told to take their voucher to the dining room to order surf & turf.

I get why they changed this. Way back when, you couldn't pre-book with vouchers. They thought they could entice people to use the app by having their vouchers on it. Alas, a large number of their passengers don't have smartphones, or even any type of mobile.

So yes, they screwed-up by not capping the number of premier fares per voyage. But even now you can pre-book with a credit card, so I hope they are holding enough reservations to satisfy the number of vouchers aboard.

For 5 nights you should be OK. Just take care of it as soon as you can after boarding.

• Thanks 1