Portofino, Santa Margherita & Rapallo (the basic vs. Discovery tour)

MudderBear

On 10/6/2023 at 3:44 PM, MudderBear said:

Hello.  Which tour is better, and why?  The basic excursion to those cities (from docking in Genoa) is $159.  The Discovery tour is $199.  I'm trying to save money  but will I be missing out on anything?

You may not need a tour at all and could save money if you are prepared to spend a little time researching online as you could take the train from Genoa to Santa Margherita, (a little less than an hour)spend time in this attractive seaside resort, (look for tourist info websites and Tripadvisor as examples of info sources)then walk, public bus, taxi or take the very short but super scenic ferry ride(15/20 minutes). to Portofino.(again tourist info and images online)

There are also  multiple past threads for Genoa, Santa Margherita and Portofino which you could search for as they are full of info and tips.

Go to the general Italy Ports forum, not an individual thread, and in turn, insert each name in the empty search box under your username before hitting the little spy glass.  Within seconds results will apear listing all previous threads containing that name and you can decide which to read.

Sorry, but  I have zero info or knowledge of Rapallo but again, there may be previous threads or posts you could search for.

Edited by edinburgher