Sept Iles - laundry

little britain

There is a self service laundry about 30 mins walk from the port at the junction of Maltais and Laure.

Admittedly its pretty dated.

The washers take C$1.75 in .25s. 
Dryers take .25 for 4 mins 
You can buy powder at .75.

Whole wash/dry 🧺 took us just over an hour. 

Part of my planning for extended travel always includes scheduling days for laundry and finding places for it to be done. Information like this is of tremendous use.

Sept-îles is an important city not only for the cruise vessels that come to visit, but also because it is an interchange between the Intercar bus from Québec, the Ferroviaire Tshiuetin passenger train north to Labrador and Schefferville, and the Relais Nordik coastal vessel downriver to the Labrador border at Blanc-Sablon, all of which I have utilized on multiple occasions. The last time I did laundry in Sept-îles I had stayed overnight at the Hôtel Sept-Îles, located just steps from the quai at which vessel tenders deliver passengers in Sept-Îles. The hotel has a guest laundry. Outside the hotel, the closest laundromat is located seven blocks inland from the waterfront, at 380, avenue Gamache, just off of rue Napoléon, marked simply as "buanderie," and open from 8h00 until 21h00. The noted laudromat at 303, boulevard Laure, corner of rue Maltais, marked at "Nettoyeurs Sept-Iles Valet Service Ltée," is slightly more distant, open weekdays 8h00 until 17h00, Saturdays until 12h00, and closed Sundays. This latter location had been most convenient when using the Intercar bus service to or from Sept-îles because the former bus station was just a block away, on boulevard Laure, corner of rue Monseigneur Blanche (alas, Intercar has since relocated to the Ultramar service station, on rue Comeau, further away from everything!). I don't know if either or both offer drop-off service (which I prefer . . . leave the vessel, drop off-laundry, spend day sightseeing, then return to pick-up just before returning to the vessel).

There was no attendant at 303.

The lady in the dry cleaners next door would change notes for quarters ( but I don’t think the dry cleaners was open weekends?)

It was pretty basic, but clean and did have a washroom too. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1