Does Princess Vacation Protection Cancel For Any Reason cover no-refundable deposit? FCC sail by time

aprilsp88

Have any one used Princess Vacation Protection Cancel For Any Reason or know how it works? My understanding is, it will refund ANY no-refundable payment, including deposit, in the form of FCC? How soon is the FCC deposited? Does it have sail by date, such as 1 year after the refund?

Is there any hidden clause I should be aware of?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Have any one used Princess Vacation Protection Cancel For Any Reason or know how it works? My understanding is, it will refund ANY no-refundable payment, including deposit, in the form of FCC? How soon is the FCC deposited? Does it have sail by date, such as 1 year after the refund?

Is there any hidden clause I should be aware of?

Thank you!

We cancelled a cruise on 22 September 2022. We received a FCC for the cruise cancellation fees of $7,101.00. We did not receive any refund for the Princess Vacation Protection (PVP) cost of $662.76. The FCC had an Expires date of "Sail By 12/31/23". Note that it expired at the end of the calendar year the year after cancellation. Also note this is a "Sail By" date - not a "Book By" date.

If your cancel before final payment and you have paid for PVP before you cancel (paid for - not just selected), then you may be able to receive FCC for the cancellation fee (which would be the nonrefundable deposit). However, PVP is normally fully refundable before final payment. But it is not refundable if you have made a claim. If you cancel before final payment, you would only want to use PVP to get FCC for a nonrefundable deposit if the nonrefundable deposit is greater than the cost of the PVP.

• Thanks 2