Buyer beware riveria B3 aft

jimmcs16

Booked aft deck 7 B3 cabin for cruise 2025. Invoice shows correct  cabin number I chose, but it was an A2 concierge cabin, only $1,000 more. They changed it but did not tell anyone. I would not have booked this having known this. 

16 minutes ago, jimmcs16 said:

Booked aft deck 7 B3 cabin for cruise 2025. Invoice shows correct  cabin number I chose, but it was an A2 concierge cabin, only $1,000 more. They changed it but did not tell anyone. I would not have booked this having known this. 

Confused

When you booked it was it a B 3??

Did they charge you for  the new category?

On the O site it is still showing B3 on deck 7   maybe they have not updated the site

They do re categorize some cabin designations from time to time

Just looked at the Rivera deck plan on the O website.  According to the O website there are currently no A category staterooms on Deck 7.  The extended balcony aft staterooms are shown as B3.  Perhaps there is a deck plan change as of a certain future date.

Anyone know about this?

OP,  Thanks for the heads-up.   

Interesting.

4 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Just looked at the Rivera deck plan on the O website.  According to the O website there are currently no A category staterooms on Deck 7.  The extended balcony aft staterooms are shown as B3.  Perhaps there is a deck plan change as of a certain future date.

I suspect the  new deck plans may start with the 2025 cruises then

They did charge me for the A2 category. On website it shows that cabin as a B3

if you try and book it online on the Oceania website you have to select an A2. I filled out the future cruise booking and put down B3 and 7131 cabin. Handed to future cruise ambassador onboard the vista. Was not aware it was really changed to an A2.

work in progress for resolution 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jimmcs16 said:

They did charge me for the A2 category. On website it shows that cabin as a B3

if you try and book it online on the Oceania website you have to select an A2. I filled out the future cruise booking and put down B3 and 7131 cabin. Handed to future cruise ambassador onboard the vista. Was not aware it was really changed to an A2.

work in progress for resolution 

Good luck, seems like thy are at fault , but … well you know how that can go. 

Saw this move coming. The B3 deck 7 extended balconies are very popular. 
 On the R ships when we sailed to Alaska the very aft cabins used to be B cat but became so popular were changed to A2. 

• Like 1

I don’t know the whole story, but I suspect that OP would have had a more pleasant business transaction with Oceania if they bothered to explain the category change to the OP ahead of putting through the charges.

Always wondered why extended balcony cabins had remained as B3 for so many years.  However, the present 5 category move to A2 on Riviera and Marina is excessive. Cabins on Deck 7 with Concierge Lounge on Deck 9. Not very convenient. 

On 10/6/2023 at 11:01 AM, LHT28 said:

I suspect the  new deck plans may start with the 2025 cruises then

I am booked on Riviera for 2025 in a deck 7 aft B3 cabin -- with an extended balcony. I booked the same day bookings opened for that cruise and did not realize I was selecting an extended balcony. Do not want concierge level. And I do not want to have to choose a new cabin after the selection has gotten more limited. Wonder if they will notify booked passengers of any changes. (They've already reduced the cruise by a day and taken out at least one port.)