The Fresh Italian cocktail

Crusin Karen

I haven't seen that on any of MDR dinner menus in the two weeks on Venezia or or on a 10-day cruise on Miracle in August 

It does say Taste of Italy, under the desert sectionbut I don't think that is referring to a drink 

Screenshot_20231008-140857_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.3b5ee91ef85ba149ad4d5d6662bb62c3.jpg

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

I have had it frequently. I like it because it’s lighter/less sweet than a lot of drinks but it’s not straight take your breath away alcohol either.

"Fresh Italian" recipe

• 1 1/4oz Cruzan Vanilla
  • 1 1/4oz Aperol
  • 1/4oz Orange Juice
  • 1/2oz Vitality Lemonade mix
  • 1/2oz Simple Syrup.
Edited by momof3cruisers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I haven't seen that on any of MDR dinner menus in the two weeks on Venezia or or on a 10-day cruise on Miracle in August 

It does say Taste of Italy, under the desert sectionbut I don't think that is referring to a drink 

Screenshot_20231008-140857_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.3b5ee91ef85ba149ad4d5d6662bb62c3.jpg

It’s right below the coffee and tea section

10 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

It’s right below the coffee and tea section

It's considered a cocktail, not a dessert cocktail, which are the espressotini and chocolate martini. It's listed after the beverages in the MDR menu as part of the MDR cocktails. It's OK. It's in a tall glass with lots of ice. I thought it was going to be more like an Aperol Spritz which I love, but it's nothing like that drink at all. You can barely taste the Aperol. I liked the Carnival Cosmo better. 

Screenshot_20231009-140104.png

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It's considered a cocktail, not a dessert cocktail, which are the espressotini and chocolate martini. It's listed after the beverages in the MDR menu as part of the MDR cocktails. It's OK. It's in a tall glass with lots of ice. I thought it was going to be more like an Aperol Spritz which I love, but it's nothing like that drink at all. You can barely taste the Aperol. I liked the Carnival Cosmo better. 

Screenshot_20231009-140104.png

Ok thanks. I‘ve been tempted for years. Not really something I’d like. Expressotini more my style! 😊