Neptune Suite - Westerdam questions

jendependent

Hi! First time Suite cruiser, not sailing for a while, but I have lots of questions in anticipation and I couldn't find the answers I'm looking for using the search function.

We're in a Neptune Suite and my first question is about room service.  

• Are we able to only order room service from the room service menu or from any complimentary food establishment?
  • If we want breakfast in bed, will they bring it in or do we still have to answer the door? 😅
  • What are some perks you weren't expecting that you enjoyed?

Sorry if these have all been asked before, I'm certain they have, I just couldn't find them despite my best efforts.  Anything you loved or didn't love about sailing in a Neptune Suite on the Westerdam is welcome! :)

There are options for ordering from other restaurants but you pay for them.  

You can have dinner in your room.  The Neptune concierge will set that up if you request it.  

in my experience we have ALWAYS answered the door for room service breakfast and tipped whoever brought it.  Guess you can hop back in bed if you want it there! 

The concierge staff is always great and will help with most requests including restaurant reservations, shore exc, and billing.  

• Like 1

You can order dinner off the room service menu or the main dining room menu.  We always answered the door, so I can't answer your second question.

Unexpected perks: I loved the shrimp served for lunch in the Neptune Lounge every day.  I alternated that with the sushi in the Lido.  The concierges in the lounge are great. They seem to be able to do everything for you.  We also loved having appetizers served in our room before dinner in the evening.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

The attendant that brings your food will not have access to the cabin, you will need to open the door. And they will need you to clear space on the table /desk / cabinet that you want the tray placed on. They just drop off the tray. They won't stay around and cut up your food and spoon feed you. Very disappointing 😞

If you want anything particular in your cabin (fruit, drink, snack, etc) let the room attendant or concierge know. Ask questions, otherwise you won't know. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jendependent said:

If we want breakfast in bed, will they bring it in or do we still have to answer the door? 😅

I am almost certain you will have to get up and answer the door when they bring the room-service breakfast, because they will not have a key to your room.  Only your stateroom attendants and the Neptune Lounge concierge have a master key to your suite (and of course security, maintenance, and probably a few others like the hotel manager).  Plus it will be a different room service person every time that actually does the delivery, so there is no way they would know what you want.  On some other cruise lines, like Oceania, where you have your own butler and he knows your wishes ahead of time, would he deliver and open your door when it is locked.

Now that said, we have never actually asked the Neptune Lounge concierges about this request, so you never know....they can and do make miracles happen.  You should definitely ask them about this when you get on the ship.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jendependent said:

......breakfast on the balcony wouldn't be so bad either!

Yes!!!!    Especially since the balcony has the only regular size table that's comfortable to eat on (but we "make-do" with the coffee table for dinner).  

Unlimited laundry is our favorite---we can pack much less.  The concierges are very very helpful, and we don't have to stand in line  at Guest Services.   They can even assist with some internet/computer issues.  Tea or appetizers before dinner is quite nice.   

If you have a beverage package, you can get soda, water, and some simple alcoholic drinks in the Neptune Lounge and sign for them.  The complimentary tea in the Lounge is excellent, as well as the coffee/capuccino/espresso machine.  We ask for a large paper cup and get it 'to go'.  

The snacks in the Lounge apparently are different on different ships, but on the 3 largest ships we have excellent shrimp cocktail at lunch and tasty little sandwiches (the same every day, but still tasty).  

Enjoy!

• Like 1