Explora Residences

Raintree

Since I promised to post photos of the Cove Residence in #22, I will post them now.

Overall size is 600 sq  ft.  We are enjoying the suite.

What I like about the suite.

Great layout of the living space given the size constraints.

Big 65 inch TV in living space, 55 inch in the bedroom

USB - connections on every outlet (both A and C)

Lucent Phone with directory

Large Sofa/daybed - great for naps.

Well done fit and finish -- we will see how it holds up after 5 years.

Walk-in Closet has plenty of space, lots of drawers.

Daybed on the terrace (all suites have these)

Full size safe - able to hold a laptop

Do not likes

Biggest dislike is the midget size bathroom - one sink, zero storage space

Bedroom is really too small -- easy to bang toes

Location of the makeup desk, blocks entering the closet and toilet if being used

Jetted tub on deck -- does anyone use these.  A second daybed would have been preferred.

TV does not allow connection of external devices.

Electronic light system.  Never a fan of these on a ship, takes awhile to get used to them and know how to operate them (I am an Engineer and very technically proficient) - by the time you fully understand them -- time to disembark.

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Do not likes

Biggest dislike is the midget size bathroom - one sink, zero storage space

IMG_3771.jpg

21 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to post!  I have certainly been a cheerleader for Explora and had a great time with some reservations.  But - I fully agree that the bathrooms are an epic fail.

It's sort of unbelievable that the Penthouses have the same bathroom as the OT's, let alone the Residences.  Add in no electrical outlet, no nightlights, the open door that blocks the shower entry and a mirror that fogs in two nanoseconds (for the engineer in you!) and you think: "what were you thinking when you designed this!!!"

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 11:46 AM, Dr. Cocktail said:

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to post!  I have certainly been a cheerleader for Explora and had a great time with some reservations.  But - I fully agree that the bathrooms are an epic fail.

It's sort of unbelievable that the Penthouses have the same bathroom as the OT's, let alone the Residences.  Add in no electrical outlet, no nightlights, the open door that blocks the shower entry and a mirror that fogs in two nanoseconds (for the engineer in you!) and you think: "what were you thinking when you designed this!!!"

Yes but it does have a USB-A and C connections - next to the toilet.  I guess it is for extended toilet breaks...

Did not realize the door issue until I tried it.  Yep..  and the fogging.

I do agree with most of your pros and cons regarding the Cove Residence.  We were in the Cove for two weeks--December 22-January 6.  Not a fan of daybeds--personally like a couch and arm chairs.  We are used to larger suites, and felt that this one was smaller than we anticipated. We did enjoy the suite and my husband spends most of the time on the balcony with a large overhang--this was great for him. I felt that it was a bit narrow--regarding your comments on size constraints.  Yes, the lights were difficult until I learned how to work them.  Next sailing, we are trying the Serenity residence, but it will be awhile until I can report about it.  Thanks for your post.  I enjoyed reading it and remembering the residence and "journey".

We are booked in a Cocoon Residence in March. Anyone tried one yet? How was it? Bit concerned about the noise from the pool area right below the balcony.