Taku Lodge & 5 Glacier Seaplane - Booking directly with Wings Airways?

wendyinvt

Has anyone booked the Taku Lodge & 5 Glacier Seaplane excursion directly with Wings Airways as opposed to a ship sponsored excursion? I really want to have this experience but the price offered by RC right now is significantly more than booking direct ($804 vs $475). Would there be any reason not to book directly with Wings?

We booked through Celebrity in September, this is one fantastic excursion.  Next time I will probably book direct in the time slot in the middle of our port time.  When you are paying for 4 people its a big savings.

My only concern would be with a delayed arrival time or a skipped port.  We have cruised Alaska way too many times, and I must say we have never experienced either of the above in Juneau.

So just back from Alaska and this was the best cruise excursion we have ever done. We booked the excursion early on the ship site so the price from the ship and booking directly with Wings was the same. But if less booking directly with them,,,, I would do that for sure. The wings site (little house & seaplanes) are visible from the ship at dock & is a 2 minute walk. On contacting them, they said they would coordinate our time with the ship docking time.  BOOK early. each plane only had 10 people.

I would do this excursion again in a minute...

taku 1.jpg

taku 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1