Seward - Logistics - Kenai Fjords

sr71_1

June 3, 2024 NCl Jewel Cruise:   (redo for our 2020 cruise cancelled due to Covid)  

Arriving in Seward on train from Anchorage at 11:20 am.   A couple of questions:

- is our baggage still checked at the rail terminal "tent" in Anchorage... and then trucked to Seward and dropped off at our cruise ship room?    

- Is it possible to make the Major Marine Kenai Fjords 6 hour tour that departs at 11:30am?   

- the tour returns at 5:30 pm.  I assume this gives plenty of time to board the ship (debarkation at 9:00 pm)?      

Tx

Kevin 

Pretty much a yes.

I just did something similar, but arrived a day prior to the cruise, took the 6 hour tour directly from the train. My luggage went to my hotel (Breeze) from the train. I do believe you can tag it for the ship but can't say for certain.

Based on my experience, you could also tag it for the Harbor 360 hotel (also Major Marine offices) and they'll get it to the ship if you have your NCL tags on it- they took mine to the ship while I was on another excursion prior to the cruise.

• Like 1

Yes.  We did this last summer.  Dropped off bags at the Alaska Railroad depot with NCL luggage tags.  Rode the train to Seward, walked to Major Marine, went on the 6-hr wildlife cruise tour and then walked over to board the ship.  We were eating dinner at Cagney’s by 6:30 pm.

Only hiccup in our plan was that we arrived at the same time as the cruise line train transfer—lots of folks getting on and it took along time to board!  If we ever do this again, we would just eat a nice meal in town before boarding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

If we ever do this again, we would just eat a nice meal in town before boarding.

Interesting idea .... had not considered this 

Edited by sr71_1