Report on Noordam October.

HappyInVan

7 hours ago, CH_ca said:

Thanks for the report. I've been thinking of taking one of these Pacific Coast cruises in the fall some day. How was the sea during your voyage?

Heavy sea between Victoria and SF all day. Not pitching violently, but unsettling.

DSC_6074.jpg

DSC_6106.jpg

Roll call poster put us on to a website called "Windy" which tracks ocean winds, waves and temperatures in real time. My own impression was smooth sailing all the way - Deck 8 midship.

We did the prior 14 days  up to Kodiak AK and back to Vancouver where they captain did have to maneuver around some rough seas, but again people were still out and about enjoying the Lido throughout it all. 

I thought the Noordam sailed extremely well. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 12:05 PM, OlsSalt said:

Roll call poster put us on to a website called "Windy" which tracks ocean winds, waves and temperatures in real time. My own impression was smooth sailing all the way - Deck 8 midship.

We did the prior 14 days  up to Kodiak AK and back to Vancouver where they captain did have to maneuver around some rough seas, but again people were still out and about enjoying the Lido throughout it all. 

I thought the Noordam sailed extremely well. 

I agree.  I didn’t notice any bad weather on this cruise at all.  A little occasional rocking is nice to remind you that you are at sea.  This was almost placid. I recall carrying a tray with 4 full cups of coffee down  the stairs most mornings. 

• Like 1