Status match

di T

Hi thinking of booking yacht club next summer, we are elite plus on Celebrity does anyone know what the status match would be? Also do you have to book direct with MSC to get it? Thanks in advance,Dianne

25 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Elite Plus will match to Gold. You don't have to book with MSC at all, directly or through a TA, to get a status match. It is an independent process from booking. You just need to complete the form here:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

Thanks

9 hours ago, di T said:

Thanks

The Status Match has quirks at times. Before our first MSC cruise, I was able to receive my status match before I actually booked our cruise. But it would not allow my wife to apply until we had an actual booking number. If it doesn't allow you to receive it, other CC posters have had it applied retroactive once they actually booked their cruise.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:48 AM, di T said:

Hi thinking of booking yacht club next summer, we are elite plus on Celebrity does anyone know what the status match would be? Also do you have to book direct with MSC to get it? Thanks in advance,Dianne

FYI I completed the status match form and obtained my status match and MSC account number prior to booking, so I could provide my TA with all of that information.  She was then able to apply the appropriate discounts.  Not sure if said discounts are also available in the UK.  By the way if you have an equivalent status on Azamara, MSC might do a better status match with that.  They did for us.  We are only Elite on Celebrity, but whatever this translates to on Azamara (I forget the name -- Discoverer or Discoverer Plus?) was matched to Diamond on MSC.  We cruised Azamara once just prior to their separation of loyalty with Celebrity.  I realize you already made your booking by now, but I am just reading this and maybe this will help others.

Edited by Stem to Stern