Bathrooms

Heather White

No, I was on the Explorer this past Spring and there was just a shower and no bathtub for that class of cabin.  I have heard that you have to check which is shower only and which is bath/shower on the Mariner.  It is best to look at the deck plans for the ships to tell what is in each cabin.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scout16 said:

No, I was on the Explorer this past Spring and there was just a shower and no bathtub for that class of cabin.  I have heard that you have to check which is shower only and which is bath/shower on the Mariner.  It is best to look at the deck plans for the ships to tell what is in each cabin.     

That is correct.  Just off the Mariner and had shower only.  It was a great shower.  The deck plan shows a star next to the cabins that have shower only.  Last cruise on Mariner had a tub/shower combo and did not like the tub at all.   High tub but the worst part was the shower nozzle didn't protrude enough so you had to get close to the wall to get wet.   They may have fixed that by now but also the ceiling is not high enough for tall people.

On the newer ships some of the conceirge cabins have no star and have a separate tub and shower.  The deck plan stars show that certain categories have shower only.

Hope that helps.

All ships other than Mariner have both a shower and a bathtub at Concierge and below levels. As noted above, it’s an either/or at these levels for Mariner. And, also as noted, the bathtubs on Mariner are best avoided, particularly if you’re tall, short, or have knee or hip flexibility issues.

I can’t speak to the levels above concierge, but understand that it’s shower-only at the penthouse level on Explorer and Splendor

We are on Splendor in Concierge. It has a separate shower and tub. I thought I needed a bathtub; however, it is a smaller tub for a taller person. If you get into a higher level suite, they have much bigger tubs (with jacuzzi). Based on what I know now, I would have booked a PH (and done without the tub) or a higher suite and had a great tub!