Horizon Bistro vs horizon court on regal princess

hmorrow

We just got our cabin assignment its under the entrance to the horizon bistro. We were once under the “lido” and i swore, never again. Unfortunately, this is a group booking and unable to pick cabin ahead of time. Its m516. Had anyone ever stayed in it? Noisy?

I just checked the deck plans and from what I can tell, it looks like your cabin will be under the seating area for the Horizon Court.  The floor there is carpeted, which would be better than under the Melanoma Deck with loungers being dragged about.

It sounds like you have little choice about your location,  so make the best of it and hope that your neighbors can close their balcony door without slamming it.  That could be a bigger issue than someone above moving a chair on a carpeted floor.

Good luck.  The captain and crew on the Regal is one of the best!

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I just checked the deck plans and from what I can tell, it looks like your cabin will be under the seating area for the Horizon Court.  The floor there is carpeted, which would be better than under the Melanoma Deck with loungers being dragged about.

It sounds like you have little choice about your location,  so make the best of it and hope that your neighbors can close their balcony door without slamming it.  That could be a bigger issue than someone above moving a chair on a carpeted floor.

Good luck.  The captain and crew on the Regal is one of the best!

Yes

i agree the  pool area would be worse. If its just carpet/chairs, i can live with that. Once, when under the lido, carts, sounding like jet engines started rolling at 4am. I never do a guarantee, but had no choice, other than staying home, this time.

3 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Yes

i agree the  pool area would be worse. If its just carpet/chairs, i can live with that. Once, when under the lido, carts, sounding like jet engines started rolling at 4am. I never do a guarantee, but had no choice, other than staying home, this time.

I hear you.  Since a couple of "upgrades" I only book cabins with cabins above, below, and across the corridor and haven't been disappointed by the location.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hmorrow said:

We just got our cabin assignment its under the entrance to the horizon bistro. We were once under the “lido” and i swore, never again. Unfortunately, this is a group booking and unable to pick cabin ahead of time. Its m516. Had anyone ever stayed in it? Noisy?

Once the cabin has been assigned, sometimes a cabin may be changed if it’s in the same category.  Unless, your TA states differently.  Of course, you would need to ask them.

We stayed once on the Royal, the Regal's sister ship, under the buffet on our first ever cruise. No noise, no disruption etc that I can recall. Hopefully the same will be true for you. Enjoy 

• Like 1

Years ago on our first Princess cruise (Grand) we had a cabin under the buffet with only tables and carpeting.  Every night the crew moved the tables around to vacuum the carpet etc.  The noise around midnight and after as they moved the tables back in place was awful.  We resolved to never again get a cabin under the lido deck.  I understand the OP's problem and may just have to endure it.

• Thanks 1