Celebrity Eclipse LIVE! 8 Night Mexican Riviera Halloween and Day of the Dead Cruise! October 28th 2023

binro01

Thanks for doing the Live review and photos…We’re on the 11/17 sailing and looking forward to it 😜🍹🍹

I was looking at your current sailings dailies and saw that Today there’s a “Specialty Lunch” at 12 Noon in Murano for $45 a person And Tomorrow there’s a “Speciality  Seafood and Land Lunch” at the Tuscan Grille for $55 per person 

Could you Please possibly take a photo of each of those menus for me? ….It would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks 😊

So, yesterday was a lazy day. Wife and I worked on both our small business stuff, YouTube videography and volunteer commitments till about 4PM. We are not huge fans of Mazatlan so took advantage of a semi quiet ship. I guess many people feel the same about Mazatlan.

Once we finished up we headed back to the room to get ready for a 545 dinner at Murano.

Murano lived up to my expectations for a speciality restaurant. I started with the lobster bisque and had the lobster Murano. My wife had the loup de Mar. Both mains were delicious. I have heard some speak of not being offed a cheese plate but we were. The Matre’d at Murano treated us like royalty and we had a wonderful conversation for about 20 minutes. Drink service was great, bread service great. Our waiter was wonderful.

We had an early excursion in Puerto Vallarta so decided to make it a quiet evening and head to head a little early because the ships clocks rolled toward to match port time. 

we had the 6 shot glass sampler for our desert at Murano (for two) sorry forgot to take a pic of that. It was so appealing we dug right in. 

We ate at the OceanView Cafe for lunch and I had a great Indian food lunch. IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.80d48a5f20a69390fb32e52abd02efc2.jpegIMG_3468.thumb.jpeg.0b2c8d6d4bb4d11ed933776b1d31bc22.jpegIMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.92d52da92cb7b4685bc363a7370b7d4c.jpegIMG_3463.thumb.jpeg.5a1513a76200af026c1876534e6d846a.jpeg

• Like 4

Puerto Vallarta is our favorite port on this Itinerary. 

we did once again a side by side RZR excursion up into the rain forest early in the AM. Did this with Unique ATV and they have reasonable prices and keep you very safe as you wind through the city to the rain forest. It’s so much fun and I highly recommend it.

Lunch in Oceanview Cafe was British Themed and I had the fish and chips. Best fish in chips I had at sea anywhere! The Oceanview cafe has been very good and varied this cruise. 

Pre dinner we went to the Passport bar. We find the table service there to be the quickest on the ship outside of El Bachio. 

dinner in the MDR was good to very good tonight. I had a chicken dish that was good but the French onion soup redeemed itself. Well made. Flavorful and deep. Desert was very good. I had the banana foster with a side of the pineapple sorbet. 

The amazing thing they did was gave our table a chefs selection that was off menu with a wonderful short rib on top of a polenta. 

the evening we went to the Broadway Cabaret and the production staff did a great job.

2 more sea days left!IMG_3501.thumb.jpeg.c89eff9f19b90af82092c1b4baab5e12.jpegIMG_3483.thumb.jpeg.845787dfe591a4d4ee985d2dfe736f5d.jpegIMG_3495.thumb.jpeg.3c0a8a7c883b139c8311aa4680508264.jpegIMG_3488.thumb.jpeg.8d85d8cf654939847a91ab13a69422e3.jpegIMG_3474.thumb.jpeg.e56dbd7eaebc4bfdd9fa92096102fd8d.jpegIMG_3509.thumb.jpeg.204437b91a0f2078134e2485db0bede8.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, binro01 said:

IMG_3516.thumb.jpeg.f1dd4bc8d7fd017b6617e5c88bc0c948.jpegThe main today was the surf and turf for me!

Looks Delicious and Exactly what i’ll be ordering 😜

Are you planning to do the Land and Sea lunch special tomorrow at Tuscan Grille??  And if so please take pics   Thx 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaCal said:

Looks Delicious and Exactly what i’ll be ordering 😜

Are you planning to do the Land and Sea lunch special tomorrow at Tuscan Grille??  And if so please take pics   Thx 😊

Not planning on doing Land and Sea lunch at Tuscan. Tomorrow is Le Petit Chef dinner for us.

• Like 1

We are doing the exact same cruise. Any chance you can advise what nights the "chic" nights were and what nights the MDR had Lobster.   

We will be on the  same itinerary Thanksgiving week and are trying to figure out what nights to use our specialty restaurant package. 

Thanks for sharing the food pics -  Very helpful. 

1 hour ago, MattnTricia said:

We are doing the exact same cruise. Any chance you can advise what nights the "chic" nights were and what nights the MDR had Lobster.   

We will be on the  same itinerary Thanksgiving week and are trying to figure out what nights to use our specialty restaurant package. 

Thanks for sharing the food pics -  Very helpful. 

We're on the one Thanksgiving week and it's not exactly the same - we only are in Cabo for the afternoon and evening, no overnight, and we have San Diego as a final port in the last day. So our chic nights may be different. 

Also, I'm sad that we're not in PV earlier - seems like we're missing a lot since we don't arrive into port until 1:30pm!