shuttle vs taxi

spearmint

From Canada, we have booked the Rodeway Inn (west state road) in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise. Should we just take a taxi or should we try to get the hotel shuttle to pick us up at the airport?  I have no idea how much  a taxi would cost (need to bring American cash) or whether taxis take credit cards (I think that they do...)

In my opinion, the only reason to book Rodeway Inn is because you’re very price conscious and therefore would recommend the shuttle.

It’s been about 8 years since we have stayed there, but we had no issues using the shuttle. We had a late night flight in, arriving past 10:00pm, and we were able to catch it and the restaurant was still open so we could have dinner. I don’t think there was anything else around. In the morning, we caught the shuttle to the port. We were boarding Celebrity Constellation and my kids still joke about the shuttle driver calling it Celebrity Constipation.

3 hours ago, spearmint said:

From Canada, we have booked the Rodeway Inn (west state road) in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise. Should we just take a taxi or should we try to get the hotel shuttle to pick us up at the airport?  I have no idea how much  a taxi would cost (need to bring American cash) or whether taxis take credit cards (I think that they do...)

You might find this useful:

https://www.gobytaxi.com/north-america/united-states/florida/fort-lauderdale

cynil8ting... of course I am price conscious... I have stayed there twice before and had no problem with the place... nice large warm pool... restaurant had good beer, chicken strips... and good price and clean. Overnight, all we want is clean and close to the pier.  Have you noticed the  pricing in Canadian dollars of hotels these days?  😯 Triple what they used to be, at least. The hotel took care of my sister and her husband on their first cruise some years ago; they received notice that their ship boarding was delayed by a few hours due to norovirus and the hotel offered their shuttle to take them into town and then pick them up to help with the time delay. I had no problem staying there with such an attitude.

Rocketman275... thanks for the great tip.  Several years ago, I was charged $10 from the port a mile or so to Marina Hilton, even though the gauge said $5.  Just did not want to sell my first born to go from the airport to the further out hotel!😉

cynti8ting

I think I misinterpreted your comment.  I definitely appreciate your intent, and please accept my apology for overreacting.

P.S. Love your kids' reaction to the Celebrity Constipation.  I would have laughed my ass off, too!  For some reason, Constellation was my wife's and my favourite ship.

Bill