Symphony of the seas coastal kitchen Menu

cruisin73

5 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I'm on the Symphony in December.  No menu on the app, and I know where to look.  Of course, I'm having the same issue on the Celebrity app.

Switch to the current sailing or another ship if yours isn’t showing up. CK menus are all the same AFAIK.

• Like 1

We are on the current sailing (Grand Suite) and I had a few minutes to sit down with the Chef in CK as we boarded yesterday and we caught up, (have not seen him for a couple of months).

I mentioned that the menu had not been published in the app until the very day we boarded. He explained that the IT folks who populate the app "leave a bit to be desired." This is true as even the names of the entertainers had not been updated until boarding day.

In answer to the question as to menu, it is the same 7-day rotation that is on every Oasis class ship. You can set your clock by it 🙂

I look forward to the best thing on the menu (Thursday dinner, Red Wine Sorbet reduction on a Brownie tart for dessert)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

He explained that the IT folks who populate the app "leave a bit to be desired." This is true as even the names of the entertainers had not been updated until boarding day.

Yep, that's been my experience. A lot of stuff is there but you can't trust it fully until embarkation day.

Edited by OCSC Mike

15 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

We are on the current sailing (Grand Suite) and I had a few minutes to sit down with the Chef in CK as we boarded yesterday and we caught up, (have not seen him for a couple of months).

I mentioned that the menu had not been published in the app until the very day we boarded. He explained that the IT folks who populate the app "leave a bit to be desired." This is true as even the names of the entertainers had not been updated until boarding day.

In answer to the question as to menu, it is the same 7-day rotation that is on every Oasis class ship. You can set your clock by it 🙂

I look forward to the best thing on the menu (Thursday dinner, Red Wine Sorbet reduction on a Brownie tart for dessert)

Thanks for that information.  

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Switch to the current sailing or another ship if yours isn’t showing up. CK menus are all the same AFAIK.

Yeah, well on the latest update on both the RC and X apps, that option seems to have disappeared.  Oh well, thanks anyway

10 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Yeah, well on the latest update on both the RC and X apps, that option seems to have disappeared.  Oh well, thanks anyway

It’s still there, just harder to find (which is dumb). See below…

IMG_1800.thumb.jpeg.8136e9cfcdae9850c90040e365ccaf4c.jpegIMG_1803.thumb.jpeg.ef6cbc72c37d741333ca5b260c7302cd.jpegIMG_1802.thumb.jpeg.583c3b376428960a46da06eddca04b68.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisin73 said:

Thank you so very much.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this. 

You're very welcome. I just stumbled onto it. I spend a lot of time looking and re-looking at stuff for no good reason, lol.

I have no idea why they buried it where they did. Typical Royal IT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You're very welcome. I just stumbled onto it. I spend a lot of time looking and re-looking at stuff for no good reason, lol.

I have no idea why they buried it where they did. Typical Royal IT.

Same thing on Celebrity, and at least I can see menus on the current Symphony cruise.  X Apex (one I'm doing side by side) shows nothing on the current cruise.