Help - who to contact?

lilac869

called RCCL to pay for cruise, added on the drink package (BOGO50% off promotion), updated all info email, phone number, gave them cc

They charged cc for drink package but neglected to charge for cruise.  Never sent anything to my updated email or phone numbers.

Then they cancelled the cruise. After two plus hours on the phone, got the cruise reinstated but there is nothing they can do about\the drink package

because that promotion is gone. And supposedly it is all my fault because I didn't pay on time. Like why would I pay for a beverage package and not the cruise?

They suggest I just watch and see if promotion gets run again. 

Any suggestions how I can get RCCL to own up to the fact that their agent made a mistake and honor the drink package? 

1 minute ago, lilac869 said:

called RCCL to pay for cruise, added on the drink package (BOGO50% off promotion), updated all info email, phone number, gave them cc

They charged cc for drink package but neglected to charge for cruise.  Never sent anything to my updated email or phone numbers.

Then they cancelled the cruise. After two plus hours on the phone, got the cruise reinstated but there is nothing they can do about\the drink package

because that promotion is gone. And supposedly it is all my fault because I didn't pay on time. Like why would I pay for a beverage package and not the cruise?

They suggest I just watch and see if promotion gets run again. 

Any suggestions how I can get RCCL to own up to the fact that their agent made a mistake and honor the drink package? 

On shore, it’s seems they are often difficult to deal with.  I’d maybe bring it up in the cruise with guest services.  Show them the email showing original purchase and I’m sure they’ll accommodate.  Good luck. 

26 minutes ago, lilac869 said:

Depends on how much time you want to waste dealing with this - some have had luck getting OBC for the diff, but you won't get the promo price.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Depends on how much time you want to waste dealing with this - some have had luck getting OBC for the diff, but you won't get the promo price.

That is the key !

I don't like to "give in" when wronged , but if I could have back the hundreds maybe thousands of hours that I've spent on the phone arguing/being transferred/on hold/ disconnected.. start all over, I may have a few extra years left in me !

Good luck !

Most likely Black friday will have a better price than you paid for the drink package anyway. The bogo 50% deal isn't the best price usually. If it makes you feel better to scream and escalate it until they honor it, by all means, go ahead. But if it were me I'd feel pretty dumb if I spent a bunch of time fighting for a worse deal than I could get otherwise.