B3 cabins on Riveria recategorized?

chumley

Does anyone know if the extended balcony cabins on Riveria, B3 category, have been recategorized? The deck schematics still show them as B3 but when I went to make a reservation, they told me they are no longer B3, but now are A2. I looked at the schematics from Oceania's website this morning. Still all listed as B3. I'm confused! Thanks in advance.

Leslie

7 minutes ago, chumley said:

Does anyone know if the extended balcony cabins on Riveria, B3 category, have been recategorized? The deck schematics still show them as B3 but when I went to make a reservation, they told me they are no longer B3, but now are A2. I looked at the schematics from Oceania's website this morning. Still all listed as B3. I'm confused! Thanks in advance.

Leslie

The website is lagging in showing the recent changes.

Yes, they have been recatorgorized starting 2025.  I do wish they would do what other cruise lines do and give you two options for the deck plans (before and after 2025).  However, if you go through the booking process to the point where you are picking a cabin number, below the box where it says "suite search", there is a link to view deck plans and that will have the accurate plans for the sailing you are looking at. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

Yes, they have been recatorgorized starting 2025.  I do wish they would do what other cruise lines do and give you two options for the deck plans (before and after 2025).  However, if you go through the booking process to the point where you are picking a cabin number, below the box where it says "suite search", there is a link to view deck plans and that will have the accurate plans for the sailing you are looking at. 

My B3 booked on Marina in May 2025, an extended balcony, and several more are still listed as B3's.  

I understand that.  However, I can only tell you what is going on with the Riviera as I have not looked at any other ship including the Marina.  I can tell you with certainty that at least by the Alaska season on the Riviera in 2025, those deck 7 B3s have been recatorgorized as A2s.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

I understand that.  However, I can only tell you what is going on with the Riviera as I have not looked at any other ship including the Marina.  I can tell you with certainty that at least by the Alaska season on the Riviera in 2025, those deck 7 B3s have been recatorgorized as A2s.  

Interesting, I just looked at the Riviera for a cruise in May 2025 and you are correct.  Weird that they are doing this in such a piecemeal fashion. Then again, O does not stand for Organized.

15 hours ago, rebeccac said:

After messing around a bit, it looks like both ships will be changing somewhere toward the middle to end of May 2025.  Really the only way to tell, is to go through the process I outlined earlier.  

So it looks like I may have lucked out. I ‘inadvertently’ booked an extended balcony B3 cabin on Deck 7 for a cruise on Riviera in April-May 2025.