Upgrade to Yacht Club

Jeal

We booked our next two cruises while onboard the Seaside. We booked Aurea and want to upgrade to Yacht Club. What is the best way to do this so we do not lose the double points we got for booking onboard? 
I have an email from MSC stating we can upgrade without losing the double points but there are so many discussions about MSC messing things up when changes are made to a booking that I thought I would check with someone with actual experience on this board. 

Use the website to request a MSC Concierge. They should be able to handle your request without messing your reservation up. We have one now for all of our MSC cruises.

We made a future booking while onboard and then transfered the booking to him when we returned.

Edited by Heartgrove

6 minutes ago, Jeal said:

Thank you Heartgrove! 

A little history. I called the regular number to find information about a future Grand Voyage. A few days later I received a cold call from the concierge. Mentioned to him what I was looking for. The cruise was not finalized by MSC at that point but he kept on top of it. When it became available, he called us so we could book it. We have since transfered the future booking to him as well. Convenient to have a single dedicated contact.

Thank you Heartgrove for the information. I called and found out more information. We aren’t sure we want to upgrade because we love the big balconies on deck 9. Yacht Club only has regular size balconies for the category we would book. 

1 hour ago, Jeal said:

Thank you Heartgrove for the information. I called and found out more information. We aren’t sure we want to upgrade because we love the big balconies on deck 9. Yacht Club only has regular size balconies for the category we would book. 

YC Balconies are a nice size and the service is out of sight. I have sailed 3 times on MSC, last two in YC..Meraviglia and Seaside..I won’t go back if not in YC. 

• Like 1