Problems with MVJ

CannyScotTor

Just now, Traveler145 said:

I’ve had the same problem since last night. It also won’t let me add back my booking numbers. Erasing cookies and memory and trying different browsers hasn’t helped. I have emailed Tellus@viking.com.

IMG_0137.png

Emails usually aren't the fastest way to resolve these things, and they'll call you in reply anyway.

Have you tried using the live chat option that's available on the MVJ pages?  Sometimes it's faster (and less hassle) than calling or emailing.

7 minutes ago, CannyScotTor said:

I managed to re-add my bookings. I usually access the site using my iPad, but used my PC to re-add the bookings, don't know if this is significant or not.

This has happened to me before, but not recently. 

1 hour ago, Meander Ingwa said:

many people reporting problems yesterday and Viking said give them 48 hours.  YOu may need to log out and back in again as well

Thanks.  Now we're having trouble with MVJ on both iPad and Mac  We'll wait it out.

Edited by millybess

We used to commonly log in and not have any bookings and have to add them.  This has not happened to us recently, but Viking reps could never explain other than to take the time to re-add the bookings.  

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

We used to commonly log in and not have any bookings and have to add them.  This has not happened to us recently, but Viking reps could never explain other than to take the time to re-add the bookings.  

And that’s exactly what happened to me this morning.  Two of our four bookings are gone. When I get a chance, I will have to go look up the booking numbers and add them back on.  But it is really annoying when this happens and you are waiting to book your shore ex and you booking has disappeared!

9 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

And that’s exactly what happened to me this morning.  Two of our four bookings are gone. When I get a chance, I will have to go look up the booking numbers and add them back on.  But it is really annoying when this happens and you are waiting to book your shore ex and you booking has disappeared!

Yes.  Now I have likely jinxed myself.  This happened to us repeatedly for a couple of months.  We were on with tech support and various Viking reps.  All they could say is add them again.  I now keep the booking numbers handy on a post it note.

• Like 1

In my experience with this issue, I've observed that if it occurred once, it tends to recur. Until Viking identifies the root cause of this problem, my solution has been to use an alternative email address for MVJ, and I haven't encountered the issue since.