Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

12 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I don't follow, sorry.  When you get on and off a ship there are always customs agents there.  They have to make sure that only ticketed passengers get on the ship.  So I'm not following this.  What I said do you really think that there will be security and custom agents on there- on the pier 24/7?  VVR doesn't even put on their itinerary that the ship is docked.  So tenders would have to be available for 24 hours to shuffle passengers to and from the ship 24/7.   I'm not saying it can't happen- just don't think it will.  

When I get on or off the ship at a port call, there are port security people there, but never customs or immigration.  If you mean that when the ship first arrives in a port that some countries have the immigration people interview you before the ship is "cleared", but once the ship is "cleared" by immigration, you are in the country, so there is no need for customs or immigration.  The people checking ID's at the port are port security.  Port security has to provide security around the clock, per the ISPS code (International Ship and Port Security).  No, tenders don't have to be available 24/7, the cruise ship sets tender schedules and advises passengers of those times, so if it is an overnight tender port, you know in advance when you can get ashore or back to the ship.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I don't follow, sorry.  When you get on and off a ship there are always customs agents there.  They have to make sure that only ticketed passengers get on the ship.  So I'm not following this.  What I said do you really think that there will be security and custom agents on there- on the pier 24/7?  VVR doesn't even put on their itinerary that the ship is docked.  So tenders would have to be available for 24 hours to shuffle passengers to and from the ship 24/7.   I'm not saying it can't happen- just don't think it will.  

The ports and the ship have to follow the ISPS guidelines. Some ports have security that check cruise / crew cards before boarding. This will be available during the stay of ship and arranged by their local agent.  In other ports, usually smaller, there's no security by the port and the ship's crew does that, as required.

You sound very knowledgeable.  I really don't understand customs agents and security I guess. Maybe the official looking people at ports aren't customs, maybe they are there to monitor drugs or other things being brought onboard.  I thought the security at the port was independent of the vessel.  Didn't realize that the cruise line acts as security at the port when the passenger board VVR in Belfast.  The other aspect was having 24/7 tendering.  If you look at the itinerary- VVR says dock/anchor for all but one or two of the ports of call.  So if they are overnight tender ports- then the crew would facilitate the tendering.  I'm just curious about that.  If you say that they don't need local workers to do those tasks- ok.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

3 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

You sound very knowledgeable.  I really don't understand customs agents and security I guess. Maybe the official looking people at ports aren't customs, maybe they are there to monitor drugs or other things being brought onboard.  I thought the security at the port was independent of the vessel.  Didn't realize that the cruise line acts as security at the port.  The other aspect was having 24/7 tendering.  If you look at the itinerary- VVR says dock/anchor for all but one or two of the ports of call.  So if they are overnight tender ports- then the crew would facilitate the tendering.  I'm just curious about that.  If you say that they don't need local workers to do those tasks- ok.

The people at the port can vary. You can get from passport, security and customs contols at once. Let's say it's turnaround day, the ship will be at a cruise ship terminal witch most than likely will have all of the above going on.

If the port has a terminal most likely there will be some security screening going on. In smaller remote ports the crew is checking. Regarless passenger ships have a security oficcer and trained crew to deal with most issues. 

Tending at night is not so common and is usually not advisable. It all depends ofcourse. It's not common to overnight at anchor.

Local workers are not needed for tendering. All you need is a pier to land the tender boat. The crew will check the cruise card and let them back on the tender to go to the ship.

5 minutes ago, Giovanni66 said:

The people at the port can vary. You can get from passport, security and customs contols at once. Let's say it's turnaround day, the ship will be at a cruise ship terminal witch most than likely will have all of the above going on.

If the port has a terminal most likely there will be some security screening going on. In smaller remote ports the crew is checking. Regarless passenger ships have a security oficcer and trained crew to deal with most issues. 

Tending at night is not so common and is usually not advisable. It all depends ofcourse. It's not common to overnight at anchor.

Local workers are not needed for tendering. All you need is a pier to land the tender boat. The crew will check the cruise card and let them back on the tender to go to the ship.

Thank you for your reply

On 9/25/2024 at 5:06 PM, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Not sure if her name was part of the name. 
I think it is derived from Italian in which villa vie translates to Villa Streets or French where it is translated as Villa Life. 

I’m french speaking villa Vie is like a a play on words. The right phrase is Vis la vie. With mean live your life

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

You have to have a product that people can find.  Cruisers use travel agents and VVR doesn't cooperate with travel agents (red flag).  The product does not sell itself.  The ship looks old and tired and people will look for reviews.  The itinerary is not great-there are no ports that aren't visited by other cruise lines.  The ship is small and has few, if any, amenities.  Why would anyone book a segment on this ship when other cruise lines offer a better product, a similar itinerary and for the same price?

All I am saying is that the original business model didn't scream scam to me and why. I didn't say VVR will be a success. They are clearly making mistake after mistake. But those mistakes are not required by this business model. They were unforced errors on their part.

4 hours ago, Giovanni66 said:

Do CEO's speak to the press like that ? This does not look good... :classic_rolleyes:

It's their job to talk up their product(s) and smooth over bad PR. 🤷‍♂️

I just think he is doing a bad job, not that he isn't supposed to be doing it.

What will happen to a passenger that has an accident or needs medial help ? Are there provisions about short/long term care/ assistance ? The ship has a doctor and nurse and doctor to cover for the basics.

Their clients seems of a certain age and above. From the videos posted by their parrots on-line I can see that these are some single people that joined the ship not only to get to see the world but to find some form of extended ''family''.

Some of them sold their houses and leave out of suitcases.  As they grow older and gait frail, within the 15 years, who will look for them ? Are they going be kicked out as an inconvenience and affecting the morale of others ? Where do they go then and who looks for them ?

Edited by Giovanni66

33 minutes ago, Giovanni66 said:

What will happen to a passenger that has an accident or needs medial help ? Are there provisions about short/long term care/ assistance ? The ship has a doctor and nurse and doctor to cover for the basics.

Their clients seems of a certain age and above. From the videos posted by their parrots on-line I can see that these are some single people that joined the ship not only to get to see the world but to find some form of extended ''family''.

Some of them sold their houses and leave out of suitcases.  As they grow older and gait frail, within the 15 years, who will look for them ? Are they going be kicked out as an inconvenience and affecting the morale of others ? Where do they go then and who looks for them ?

I don't know if it's coincidence, but just saw a commercial for a new show called "The Odyssey".  About life on a ship and the medical staff that makes everything look "ok" and they keep the paradise illusion going.  

55 minutes ago, Giovanni66 said:

All these things are relevant to this case.  First- the medical team are not affiliated with the cruise line. All cruise ships have to hire medical teams but they operate independently of the cruise line and are highly trained to treat passengers and make sure they get the care they need.  As for 15 years- that's a pipe dream.  This ship won't last 15 years- but a cruise ship isn't an assisted living facility.  They don't wipe your butt, or cut up your meat for you.  You have to be an independent traveler or have an aide with you.  It's not going to work for people who need that kind of care.

Looks like they have a lot of things to do prior to sailing.  VVR is at it again saying they passed with flying colors- no they got a temporary certificate until 10/1/24 and have to satisfy conditions prior to sailing.  If they don't satisfy those conditions by 10/1/24 then what?

10 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

Looks like they have a lot of things to do prior to sailing.  VVR is at it again saying they passed with flying colors- no they got a temporary certificate until 10/1/24 and have to satisfy conditions prior to sailing.  If they don't satisfy those conditions by 10/1/24 then what?

They wont be able to go anywhere unless they have full certs and insurance.

I see on the videos that the VVR parrots post online that they have added furniture in their cabins like sofas, cabinets etc... even chairs with wheel castors :classic_laugh: Under the regulations furniture and upholstery on passenger vessels has to be certified by IMO and the Class as fire-retardant materials (IMO FR) . They say the went to IKEA and other places to buy their stuff.

I dont think IKEA's products meet that criteria....

12 minutes ago, Giovanni66 said:

I see on the videos that the VVR parrots post online that they have added furniture in their cabins like sofas, cabinets etc... even chairs with wheel castors :classic_laugh: Under the regulations furniture and upholstery on passenger vessels has to be certified by IMO and the Class as fire-retardant materials (IMO FR) . They say the went to IKEA and other places to buy their stuff.

I dont think IKEA's products meet that criteria....

I thought, according to brother Johan who seems to be the only one allowed to post anything on YouTube,  they passed all the inspections and will get all the certificates. 

Just now, Travel_Around_The_World said:

I thought, according to brother Johan who seems to be the only one allowed to post anything on YouTube,  they passed all the inspections and will get all the certificates. 

I get weird vibes from him... why they do the devil horns thing on every video ? Have you noticed ? is there some sort of cult going on :classic_laugh:

Villa Vie Odyssey has an itinerary posted on their website.  I checked every port that they are supposedly visiting in the next three years and they are have not reserved berth space in any of those ports- nada.  How can you advertise an itinerary and not have reserved space in the ports- or be on the schedule?

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain