Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

2 hours ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Luxury is in the eye of the beholder. It is one thing if VVR gets away with caling the VVO luxurious as a sales pitch but any magazine,  newspaper or any other media medium who does a write up should stay with reality and clearly say what it is: average.

What really bothers me the most is this constant referring to "designed for long term cruising". It is not. It is a ship designed and built 30+ years ago for short term occupation. VVR has done no changes to the Odyssey and from what I can see have hardly done a decent refurbishment. There is nothing on this ship or with this ship where you can say "yes, i can spend a year on it". This is such flagrant false advertisement.

There is nothing in their official website that alludes to Luxury, but rather budget.

Join Us For Our Next Webinar

Embark on the Villa Vie Experience

Tuesday, October 15th at 4 PM EST.

https://villavieresidences.com/

6 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

There is nothing in their official website that alludes to Luxury, but rather budget.

"where luxury meets the calming embrace of the sea."

And the very fact that the use of "Villa" is hinting at a luxury lifestyle. 

Edited by Travel_Around_The_World

1 minute ago, gkbiiii said:

The CEO described it as "opulent" in an article put out on October 8, 2024. The website now still have things on there- like poolside bliss.  "Unwind and soak up the sun on The Odyssey’s Pool Deck, located on Deck 8. Take a refreshing dip in one of our pools, or relax in the warm embrace of our Jacuzzis while enjoying sweeping ocean views". There is no water in the pools or hot tubs.  So good luck with that. There is no golf simulator or culinary classes either.  They keep promoting things that aren't true.  Heck they don't even have potable water- it has to be brought on every other day- and that's for just 250 people.  Think if they actually had 900.  They shouldn't be selling this to people until they get these things resolved. 

11 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

The CEO described it as "opulent" in an article put out on October 8, 2024. The website now still have things on there- like poolside bliss.  "Unwind and soak up the sun on The Odyssey’s Pool Deck, located on Deck 8. Take a refreshing dip in one of our pools, or relax in the warm embrace of our Jacuzzis while enjoying sweeping ocean views". There is no water in the pools or hot tubs.  So good luck with that. There is no golf simulator or culinary classes either.  They keep promoting things that aren't true.  Heck they don't even have potable water- it has to be brought on every other day- and that's for just 250 people.  Think if they actually had 900.  They shouldn't be selling this to people until they get these things resolved. 

I don't think people understand that words in advertisement have a certain meaning - or should have a meaning.

Segment pricing is ridiculous: I mean $23,542 for a 34 day, Caribbean Cruise for 2 (inside or Oceanview?), what are they smoking? Oddly, the 127 day South American segment, is only $37,846 for two.  You could go on most mainstream lines cheaper in the Caribbean and MSC/Costa beat the 100+ night cruise price too.

Oddly, some of their segments are very well priced, like the Indian Ocean one (67 days = $19,966), as well as Africa (68 days = $20,264).  But, I have serous doubts the ship will make it to any future destinations. 

He thought he would sell 295 cabins to generate 40 million dollars. The product would look like the proposed ship and it would attract segment passengers to fill the remaining 190 cabins.  Had he purchased a viable ship- the cost to refurbish this size ship would be about 50 million plus the cost of the vessel (whatever amount that would be I don't know).  Let's guess the whole thing would cost 100 million.  Carrying costs and monthly maintenance would be about 5 million.  Had he been realistic- he would have priced it accordingly.  it would probably be more like 10k per month per passenger, plus the buy in.  It could have worked if executed properly.  This wasn't the vessel to purchase for many reasons.  The ship sat for years- and wasn't maintained. Rooms are too small and there aren't enough balcony cabins.  A better prototype was the Amera (former Prinsendam with Holland America).  That is a lovely ship, but not a residential ship. 

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

"where luxury meets the calming embrace of the sea."

And the very fact that the use of "Villa" is hinting at a luxury lifestyle. 

Haven't you all forgotten that Villa Vie is groundbreaking? This includes redefining "luxury". Grungy worn carpet, pokey cabins, cupboard like bathrooms- a continuous "odor" on deck 3 etc now define what luxury is in 2024 and beyond, and all on a 30+ year old ship. I remember the woman from Midlife Cruising saying she would live in a tent if it meant she  could travel the world. Well, be careful what you wish for 😂😂😂😂.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Charry_ said:

Haven't you all forgotten that Villa Vie is groundbreaking? This includes redefining "luxury". Grungy worn carpet, pokey cabins, cupboard like bathrooms- a continuous "odor" on deck 3 etc now define what luxury is in 2024 and beyond, and all on a 30+ year old ship. I remember the woman from Midlife Cruising saying she would live in a tent if it meant she  could travel the world. Well, be careful what you wish for 😂😂😂😂.  

Yeah- Angela said she's sleep on the floor if it meant cruising the world.  Then she complained that her mattress is too firm and she's planning to get a topper.  So much for roughing it to see the world!  The Bano' looks like a spot a pot.  FYI- the showers are super small as well- shocker! And must be fun to have shampoo in your hair when the water suddenly goes cold or turns off completely.  Then when Steve is ill and they can't rush him to a port- because the ship can only sail at about 12 knots- she'll suddenly be singing a different tune.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

He thought he would sell 295 cabins to generate 40 million dollars. The product would look like the proposed ship and it would attract segment passengers to fill the remaining 190 cabins.  Had he purchased a viable ship- the cost to refurbish this size ship would be about 50 million plus the cost of the vessel (whatever amount that would be I don't know).  Let's guess the whole thing would cost 100 million.  Carrying costs and monthly maintenance would be about 5 million.  Had he been realistic- he would have priced it accordingly.  it would probably be more like 10k per month per passenger, plus the buy in.  It could have worked if executed properly.  This wasn't the vessel to purchase for many reasons.  The ship sat for years- and wasn't maintained. Rooms are too small and there aren't enough balcony cabins.  A better prototype was the Amera (former Prinsendam with Holland America).  That is a lovely ship, but not a residential ship. 

His "overestimation" of sales (I stayed away from the word lying 🤣) is well known - especially to LAS and Miray. In one email he sent to Victoria Cruises claiming that LAS is almost sold out and they might be interested in a second ship and LAS could send them the overflow of balcony bookings. 🤣

1 hour ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

The Pinsendam was the ship I had thought of too.  I think it should be marketed like the Luxury Residential Ships are: these are second homes, meant for use 3-4 months a year. 

This ship was built for Viking, sold to Seabourn, then became Holland America's most Luxurious ship. The ship had such a following, that many people would book her year after year, including her annual World Cruises. 

Yeah- Angela said she's sleep on the floor if it meant cruising the world.  Then she complained that her mattress is too firm and she's planning to get a topper.  So much for roughing it to see the world!  The Bano' looks like a spot a pot.  FYI- the showers are super small as well- shocker! And must be fun to have shampoo in your hair when the water suddenly goes cold or turns off completely.  Then when Steve is ill and they can't rush him to a port- because the ship can only sail at about 12 knots- she'll suddenly be singing a different tune.

Actually the illness thing is a real consideration, especially  for those who sold their homes and don't have any home to return to - what happens when you are told you have cancer and need chemo? Where do you convalesce etc? On that  bloody ship? It is inevitable that serious illness will strike some people over time - and I imagine that  ship is not set up for any major situation. I've just completed a cruise where two passengers required urgent medical evacuation ( separate issues), I can't see VVR bending over backwards to help. The travel insurance for individuals must be costly, and I wonder if there are any restrictions because it is residential? 

• Like 1

As a resident you can come and go as you please but you there is another condition that VVR can use to disembark passengers at any time that are deemed unfit for travel.  If you need to disembark for health reasons (permanently) then they offer a buy back, but it's for a fraction of what was paid.

47 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

As a resident you can come and go as you please but you there is another condition that VVR can use to disembark passengers at any time that are deemed unfit for travel.  If you need to disembark for health reasons (permanently) then they offer a buy back, but it's for a fraction of what was paid.

Contractional yes, but will they actually pay you?  I have my serious doubts on this; not to mention, you would have to file suit in the Marshal Islands. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

You clearly don’t understand. That’s how a Ponzi scheme works!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I’d have expected to be paid to take it off the brokers hands. 

3 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Contractional yes, but will they actually pay you?  I have my serious doubts on this; not to mention, you would have to file suit in the Marshal Islands. 

Buy back?  Jenny can’t even get her clothes back!

Edited by Zeg
  • Like 1