Quarantined to our cabin for 3 days of 10 day cruise, due to covid. We had princess insurance.

Mrs K

We are in the process of getting the medical reimbursed.  We got some onboard credit from Princess.  Do we get anything from the Aon Insurance?  I would ask them if I could get InTouch with a human being.  Anyone have any experience with this?

9 hours ago, Mrs K said:

We are in the process of getting the medical reimbursed.  We got some onboard credit from Princess.  Do we get anything from the Aon Insurance?  I would ask them if I could get InTouch with a human being.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Hello @Mrs K and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards.

Thank you for your new topic on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum! However, it is off-topic there since that forum is for our members to post links to their personal travelogue-type of cruise-related blogs or websites. To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the Cruise/Travel Insurance forum where it will be on topic.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic!!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

19 hours ago, Mrs K said:

A direction I would consider is that AON coverage does include Quarantine under Trip Interruption. So as an example only let's say the cruise was $1000 per person, that breaks down to $100 a day for a 10 day cruise. That would be $300 for the 3 days your trip was interrupted by the quarantine. MINUS whatever the cruiseline reimbursed you in the form of OBC.

However, AON isn't even going to consider that unless you actually file for the reimbursement (under Trip Interruption) separately from the medical reimbursement. If another person in the same cabin was quarantined due to close proximity, I would think they need to file a separate claim.

Whomever sold you the policy should be in a position to help answer any questions. If not, consider going a different direction next time with travel insurance needs.

If you don't get any satisfaction, you can always file a complaint against AON thru your State Insurance Commission or Board. That location would be here Getting Help (ca.gov)

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1