Star Clipper/ Flyer raised bed rooms 342/345

Macka123

Hi all, having stayed in several different rooms, looking at a cheaper option for next trip - one of the raised bed rooms next to t he owners cabin. These are on clipper deck, right at the rear. 

Anyone had any experience of these?

Are they extra noisy - the raised bed is no problem for us, but is there some engine noise and that is why they are raised?

Our alternative is some midships on Commodore deck, but these would be a few quid more and just trying to save a few pennies for the bar bill, plus i like being on the same floor as the restaurant 😉

Thanks, 

I have never occupied one of the cabins you name, but on my first Star Clippers cruise occupied an equivalent cabin on the deck below. It was Hobson's choice; it was the only one still available, but I got it at a bargain price.

The bed was a fixed double right up against the hull. It was raised a metre or so above the floor - the reason for this being the curvature of the hull - and was accessed by a small fixed ladder. I was sailing alone, but if two people occupied the bed the one nearest the hull would not have been able to get in or out without disturbing the other. I found the cabin very noisy when the ship was sailing under power and would not occupy such a cabin again, even if it was the only one left. Others may feel differently.

• 1 month later...

I have sailed in 301 (300 is same) with double bed elevated and these are shown on Clipper Deck but in reality up some stairs and cabins ahead are crew cabins.  Excellent  cabins.  342/245 are well aft and in my opinion would avoid there due to slight exhaust fumes and the Caterpillar engine if it is running is noisy. Transatlantic the diesel ran 24/7.

Regards John

• Haha 1